• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QE fooks you over, warns utter cretin at the helm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QE fooks you over, warns utter cretin at the helm

QE pushes families into debt, warns Bank of England Governor Sir Mervyn King - Telegraph

Am I the only one thinking he is a clueless ?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Nah mate, he's just doing what we did over Y2K - **** all happened because we did our jobs so well and worked our bollocks off behind the scenes...

Yeah, right.

Anyway, now that cat is well and truly out of the bag what other myths can we destroy?

Comment

He's still worried about inflation getting too low.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Actually no, I think you're a clueless

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

He's still worried about inflation getting too low.
          Looking at the graph of inflation over the last four years, that doesn't seem very likely.

Apart from that spike in 2008 and identical sized and shaped dip the following year, you can put your pencil through the underlying trend, which is relentlessly upward. It will obviously be at least 4% next year, at the time they're now claiming it will have fallen sharply.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Is a bit of inflation really a bad thing in hte short term given the levels of personal and national debt?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Quite. I bet the Greeks wish they could have a bit more inflation.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                You ain't seen nothing yet.

Learn the words to "Buddy can you spare a dime".
                Why? Is the UK planning to switch to US currency?

Hmm, might work.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Is a bit of inflation really a bad thing in hte short term given the levels of personal and national debt?
                  My understanding is that inflation doesn't help erode personal debt unless you're also experiencing correlating wage inflation, which as yet isn't happening for most people.

So you are worse off, as the debt holds the same value against your ability to pay it yet other stuff is also more expensive due to the inflation.

Not sure how inflation affects national debt. Wouldn't surprise me if the clowns in charge have the debt linked to inflation so it's worse off too.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Is everyone getting > 5% pay awards then? Otherwise, how does having less money to pay your debts as the cost of living is rising help the debtors or the lenders?

Answers on a postcard please...

Comment

Working...
                    X