• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro is a "dangerous currency" built on "debt and trickery" says German magazine ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro is a "dangerous currency" built on "debt and trickery" says German magazine ...

The Ticking Euro Bomb: How a Good Idea Became a Tragedy - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

By contrast the UK seems like an oasis of stability and responsibility
    Thanks, all you far-seeing Tories, Thatcher and Hague especially.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

For info: Scooter is in Vegas IIRC and so you'll probably want to save the Euro bashing until late afternoon.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      The Ticking*Euro Bomb: How a Good Idea Became a Tragedy - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

That's the trouble with the Germans. They get a big idea but never think it through, such as Quantative Easing in the 1920s, Moscow in the 1940s, Wembley in the 1960s...

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        That's the trouble with the Germans. They get a big idea but never think it through, such as Quantative Easing in the 1920s, Moscow in the 1940s, Wembley in the 1960s...
        Guildo hat euch lieb in the 90s

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Eh?
          You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

The Ticking*Euro Bomb: How a Good Idea Became a Tragedy - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

All a load of old bollocks written by a journalist. Go back through some old versions of the Spiegel and you'll find they loved it. Practically anything written in the press is rubbish and only the gullible believe it which is why the world is in the state it is.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              All a load of old bollocks written by a journalist. Go back through some old versions of the Spiegel and you'll find they loved it.
              That's the point - everybody said they loved it at the start.

That's why there were parties, firework displays and much back-slapping across the eurozone at launch, why eurosceptics were called stupid little englanders, and why the UK was being "left behind".

My favourite one, the opinion posted by some PCG members at the time, was that the euro was a great thing because "I can buy a latte in Paris, London and Helsinki using the same currency in my pocket." That summed up the shallowness of much of the general public's understanding of the matter!

It's a different story now though.

Comment

That's why there were parties, firework displays and much back-slapping across the eurozone at launch, why eurosceptics were called stupid little englanders, and why the UK was being "left behind".

My favourite one, the opinion posted by some PCG members at the time, was that the euro was a great thing because "I can buy a latte in Paris, London and Helsinki using the same currency in my pocket." That summed up the shallowness of much of the general public's understanding of the matter!

Yeah, but you can still buy a latte in Paris, London and Helsinki using the same currency! Yippee!

Comment

One of my best mates is German (in their Foreign Office) and I remember having this discussion at the time. Simply put I siad countries that are so different cannot have a single currency.
                  Couldn't resist a little dig recently and back came the the one line, very German, reply:
                  "Yes you are right, the Euro was not a very good idea"

The German's have only two choices now:
                  (1) Pull out and leave all the otehr Euro countries to their fate - which means depression in Europe
                  (2) Pay up for the short - medium term

Either way they suffer.
                  Last edited by sasguru; 19 October 2011, 10:01.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

the one line, very German, reply:
                    "Yes you are right, ze Euro voz not a wery good idee"
                    ftfy

Comment

Working...
                    X