• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

$200,000 phone bill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$200,000 phone bill

'My life is over:' Shock at $200,000 in roaming charges after woman's brother takes his phone on holiday | Mail Online

She was speechless.

Its only a phone company, the worst they can do is cancel the contract. The company is at fault they should cut the phone at a certain amount.

Comment

The bill has now been dropped to $2,500

I bet that the mobile operator are still making a profit even with that figure
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

If only he was.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          If only he was.
          He was that's the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            He was that's the problem!
            She should've shown him the bill!

Comment

Separated at birth?

Jonathan "Brainiac" Tickle

Shamir

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Separated at birth?

Jonathan "Brainiac" Tickle

Shamir
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

It's ok, he will pay for it by undercutting you on your bizdev contract.
                  Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

There really are some stupid people around...

I see it was some yanks who did this which seems about right since in my opinion the word international doesnt even figure for them. Its USA or nothing. They probably thought they were still in the US.

But phone company should have blocked at some point. I think I'm right in saying that in the UK now if you visit a EU country it auto blocks at £40 or something now?
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X