• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dabs.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dabs.com

I ain't exactly the kind of person to sing praises for nothing, but dabs is fecking great -- ordered 2 hard drives at good price at 7:30pm yesterday, standard delivery 1-3 days, but I got them this morning at 9:30am

Their return policy is solid as well.

Do they work?

I've heard good things except when you need to return faulty goods.

Comment

Read AtWs post DP!

Comment

disks

Testing one of them right now -- so far so good.

I bought a fair few disks from them, had only one failure - few weeks after purchase disk started not working and clicking loudly (IBM brand), they refunded in full without problems -- did not have to pay return fee either.

Returning goods is always a sticky point, however dabs.com seems to be very reasonable at that too.

Comment

I did. Their policy may sound great, but when they refuse to answer emails or do anything months after returning the goods, it ain't much fun.

Comment

emails

When I returned hard drive I did not need to email them -- they have online return process, just answer a few questions, print label and they arrange for courier to pick it up. It took couple of weeks to get refund but I was okay about it. Realistically you can't expect that to happen next day.

They did actually answer emails from me, it took I think 48 hours, which is not as good as next day, but they do answer emails. Mind you it was mid-November last year, so they had Xmas rush.

Comment

Re: emails

How much storage you got in total now AtW?

Comment

storage

I think its about 2 TB -- holding compressed data. Total size of uncompressed data should be around 10 TB.

Comment

Re: storage

Alexey,

does all this pc hardware have an effect on your electricity bill ?

And how do you keep your bedroom, sorry server room cool ?

Milan in 'just curious' mode.

Comment

hardware

Its not sucking my juice since no monitors are running and no fancy graphics cards, processors are not taking much too. Some hard drives are in sleep mode, so I think power wise its okay.

Cooling is serious issue, for hard drives that its -- I had to resort to adding active cooling on each of them to make sure they are cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X