• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Origins of Us

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Origins of Us

Talking about science programmes, this series (of 3) looks to be a cracker. Defo watch on Utube if you're into Homo sapiens.

Man the runner, sweater and tool maker.

We've got big arses for running (can't run far or fast without a big arse), big thumbs for tool use and sweat enough to run down any animal on the planet, on an African savannah at high noon when other animals would much prefer to be kipping.

What a wonderful program, full of lots of interesting anatomical facts too.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    .. We've got big arses for running (can't run far or fast without a big arse), ..
    That's strange - In my experience most people with big arses just waddle along not very fast at all, and they're puffed out after running a few feet
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      That's strange - In my experience most people with big arses just waddle along not very fast at all, and they're puffed out after running a few feet
      Don't need glutes for walking, but a trot needs a big human arse. At least compared to puny-arsed apes.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Don't need glutes for walking, but a trot needs a big human arse. At least compared to puny-arsed apes.
        Er, but surely gorillas have arses like barn doors, and they're pretty hopeless at running aren't they
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Er, but surely gorillas have arses like barn doors, and they're pretty hopeless at running aren't they
          Gorrilla arse:

Human arse:

Take it up with Alice Roberts if you don't believe me.

Comment

Big arses have better uses in my view.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Big arses have better uses in my wide angled view.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Big arses have better uses in my view.
                You are HAB in drag and I claim my £5.

Comment

Working...
                X