• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Must remember to interview more often...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must remember to interview more often...

I think I just slung an interview down the pan just because the chap interviewing me was a bit of a moob. Normally I can handle people like him because I know they need the help but I just couldn't be bothered to answer the wild, far fetched Ken and Barbie situations he was trying to take me through and then pointed out a gaping great hole in poor chaps thought process. (I think his boss found it a bit funny but I'm sure I am not getting that job!)

If I keep this up I might need my bench fund sooner than I thought...

Un-boomed !

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I think I just slung an interview down the pan just because the chap interviewing me was a bit of a moob. Normally I can handle people like him because I know they need the help but I just couldn't be bothered to answer the wild, far fetched Ken and Barbie situations he was trying to take me through and then pointed out a gaping great hole in poor chaps thought process. (I think his boss found it a bit funny but I'm sure I am not getting that job!)

If I keep this up I might need my bench fund sooner than I thought...

Un-boomed !
    If he really was a moob, you're better off out of that role
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

What's a Moob?

The only moob I know is man-boob?

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
        What's a Moob?

The only moob I know is man-boob?
        That's the one...

It's one lower than a tit, based on the fact that at least a tit has one use

Comment

the wild, far fetched Ken and Barbie situations he was trying to take me through
          I love them!
          How would you turn on a light?
          I usually use the switch on the wall
          [Pause] What if you weren't allowed to use the switch on the wall?

Comment

[Pause] What if you weren't allowed to use the switch on the wall?
            That sounds a little like exercising too much control. Have you heard of IR35?
            And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

What? You just use the same light switch that the permies use? Don't you bring your own company branded one and install it on your first day on site?

Comment

Q
                What if you weren't allowed to use the switch on the wall?
                Murder whoever is stopping me and give their body a good b**ing before disposing of them down a drain. Why waste a fresh corpse? Do I get the job?

I think I've been watching too much Rome. You have to admit life was simpler in those days.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

far fetched Ken and Barbie situations
                  Examples please.
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                    Examples please.

Will that do.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X