• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EPC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPC

Anyone know the going rate for the scam that is the Energy Performance Certificate.

The missus had agreed to a free one from the estate agent, on the basis that you are tied to their solicitor. Have told her to phone them tomorrow and ask what the solicitors fees are. I wonder how many fall for that?

First result in Google shows it costs £40.

Nationwide EPC - £39.99+VAT Flat Fee Residential, Commercial from £129.00+VAT

Estate agents and lawyers = s

Comment

Cheers DP.

And whilst I'm whinging about them.

Estate agent fee = £2400 and I don't really know what for. They don't even show people round - well the didn't last time. Ok, they have offices and advertising and staff to pay for, but surely this could be circumvented with the advent of the net. Possible plan B for someone.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
        Cheers DP.

And whilst I'm whinging about them.

Estate agent fee = £2400 and I don't really know what for. They don't even show people round - well the didn't last time. Ok, they have offices and advertising and staff to pay for, but surely this could be circumvented with the advent of the net. Possible plan B for someone.
        £2400 to tell people that there are 15 other people all stabbing each other to buy your house, so unless they pay well over asking price they are going to end up homeless and give birth to blind children as a result.

They are professional bulltulipters there to talk the market up and get you the asking price.

If they aren't doing that and showing people round it's a waste of money.

Comment

Working...
        X