• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loads of jobs no one wants them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loads of jobs no one wants them

Towns with jobs galore... but no one interested in doing them, says damning survey of bosses | Mail Online

No one here fancy a programmers job at £9/hr?

Or be the business development manager and pull in a cool £18K p.a.

No one?

Go and post this on www.doleyscum.com and see what the reaction is there.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Towns with jobs galore... but no one interested in doing them, says damning survey of bosses | Mail Online

No one here fancy a programmers job at £9/hr?

Or be the business development manager and pull in a cool £18K p.a.

No one?

I'm being hassled (two calls today so far) about a lead programmers role at what is effectively a startup. The company seems to have been promised by DigitalCity that by moving north they can get staff for peanuts and are a mite annoyed that they can't.

I've explained for years that the best they could hope for is more skilled people for good money but that doesn't seem to have got through their thick skulls yet.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I'm being hassled (two calls today so far) about a lead programmers role at what is effectively a startup. The company seems to have been promised by DigitalCity that by moving north they can get staff for peanuts and are a mite annoyed that they can't.

I've explained for years that the best they could hope for is more skilled people for good money but that doesn't seem to have got through their thick skulls yet.
        I'm having a chat with a company in Manchester at the moment that have put £80k on the table.

Comment

"Last month Dragons’ Den star Deborah Meaden said she could not recruit teenage apprentices for her textiles factory because they do not think manual labour is ‘cool’."

I wonder if she's thought about what could be contribtuting to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            I'm having a chat with a company in Manchester at the moment that have put £80k on the table.
            FFS.

Brown envelope, under the table, have you learn't nothing.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              FFS.

Brown envelope, under the table, have you learn't nothing.
              Sorry dad!

Comment

Their opening line will be "this is what you think you're worth..." before removing £60k and explaining the reality of the situation
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Their opening line will be "this is what you think you're worth..." before removing £60k and explaining the reality of the situation
                  You've had that done to you too, haven't you?

Stings, don't it?

Comment

To be honest I'm not interested. I'm probably the only person in the area with the skill set and unless they offered 75% more and decided to move to the village I live in I can't see the point of working for them.

Especially as my plan b looks rather essential to the next stage of their plans.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X