• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

royal mail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

royal mail

sent a parcel at the beginning of march using the "international signed for" service, which includes a tracking facility. The tracking info has never changed from "your parcel has been received and is being processed".

I've sent an email to royal mail asking where my parcel is and all I got back was "you can only claim compensation if the parcel hasn't been delivered after 25 days"... I was on day number 23.. and I was also told that they have had technical problems with the tracking system. I replied back, TWICE! and got no reply to either... the last email I sent was 3 weeks ago, so plenty of time to reply

I've tried to get in touch with the recipients of the mail to see if they've received it (it's an emigration skills assessment so contacting them had to be a last resort) and they've not flipping responded to the email I sent them over a week ago!
    I've just rang royal mail to be told that I need to go to my local post office and pick up a form which will get them to start an international enquiry... which can take up to 3 months!!!!!!

FFS why wasn't I told this weeks ago!

It's a flipping conspiracy I tell ya

did one of you guys design their cr@ppy tracking system?!!?!!!! come on own up

"Well behaved women rarely make history"

Strangely enough - the publicly owned Royal Mail was the most efficient in the world. Privatisation cocked it all up. Not a lot you can do in this case, but follow the process.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Strangely enough - the publicly owned Royal Mail was the most efficient in the world. Privatisation cocked it all up. Not a lot you can do in this case, but follow the process.
      I wouldn't mind so much except the skills assessment people have my money... and potentially don't have my assessment form to go with it!!!!

The thing is, there was nothing of real monetary value in the parcel so I'm not concerned with that, it's the time that I've lost which I'm angry about since applying for it again now is going to make things very awkward as I'm moving to a new employer who I'm sure won't be too impressed with immigration people ringing them up asking about me soon after starting with them!

I'M SO ANGRY!

Comment

Is it privatised?

Comment

Well whatever "market forces" blah they were subjected to.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

rung

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
              rung

oooo don't mess with me today, don't care that you are the master!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by janey
                oooo don't mess with me today, don't care that you are the master!!!!

Do you fancy a little doggy?

Comment

If you want any serious compensation money, you will need to lie about the contents in any case as you can only be compensated for tangible, proveable financial loss (i.e. you can't claim for inconvenience, loss of earnings or anything like that). Fortunately with international signed for that is upto £500.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    Well whatever "market forces" blah they were subjected to.
                    It is neither privatised nor is it subject to market forces. It needs to be privatised AND subjected to competition
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X