• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gaddafi Dead!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaddafi Dead!

Opps

The Colonel, who invented the bunga bunga, is not dead. He's alive in all of our hearts and will be celebrated at my local swingers club. Next is Berlusconi.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

He'll be back

Muammar Transforms - YouTube
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

One slippery self serving war criminal down, one to go.

Comment

Sounds, at the moment, as if he was captured alive, dragged around the streets for a bit and then shot.

BBC News - Libya&#039;s Col Muammar Gaddafi killed, says NTC

Comment

Certainly looks like it. Anyone else think it's a little sick and voyeuristic of the major agencies touting photos of his dead body? Is this now socially acceptable?

Or am I just an old fashioned bed-wetter?
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'm probably the only one, but it's sounds to me like the new lot in Libya could be just as barbaric as the old lot.

I wonder if they're as anti al Quaida as Gadaffi was?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                Certainly looks like it. Anyone else think it's a little sick and voyeuristic of the major agencies touting photos of his dead body? Is this now socially acceptable?

Its difficult, the picture of him dead will mean that many people will truly believe him dead and the chance of fanatics denying it is less.

However its not particularly nice and I prefer they were nicer.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post

No, you are not alone.

However, major agencies will freely tout images of the dead as long as they are not of their own people.

e.g Were any images of people killed by the IRA shown or of UK soldiers killed in Afghanistan or Iraq? No.

Compare that with the freely shown images of, for example, Iraqi's killed in the Gulf War.

Comment

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Comment

Working...
                    X