• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron even worse than The Grocer.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron even worse than The Grocer.

Breaking news: Cameron now officially even worse than Ted Heath – Telegraph Blogs

Goodness me.

Is that even possible?

Nice use of Godwin's Law at the bottom of the first page of comments.

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Maggie Thatcher was the grocer's daughter. Ted Heath liked bobbing around in boats.
    For the younger members of the congregation, Ted Heath was familiarly know as "Grocer Heath".

I can no longer remember why, but suspect that Private Eye very probably had sommat to do with it.

Yup.

Originally posted by Wiki
    Heath was persistently referred to as "The Grocer", or "Grocer Heath" by magazine Private Eye.

Godwin's Law!

Originally posted by Wiki
    As an undergraduate, Heath travelled widely in Europe.

His opposition to appeasement was nourished by his witnessing first-hand a Nuremberg Rally in 1937, where he met top Nazis Hermann Göring, Joseph Goebbels and Heinrich Himmler at an SS cocktail party.

He later described Himmler as "the most evil man I have ever met".[3]

In 1938 he visited Barcelona, then under attack from Spanish Nationalist forces during the Spanish Civil War.

In the summer of 1939 he again travelled across Germany, returning to England just before the declaration of war
    Last edited by zeitghost; 7 May 2017, 17:27.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    The Mash have analysed his recent mishaps in a slightly more balanced and rational fashion.

The Daily Mash - Cameron momentarily forgets to pander
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Nice use of Godwin's Law at the bottom of the first page of comments.
      What Hitler didn't manage to destroy, Attlee completed for him... The succession of corporatist governments that have followed have only furthered his achievements.

Someone actually takes the trouble to try and argue with that tool.
      Last edited by Mich the Tester; 20 October 2011, 13:34. Reason: added 'l'

Comment

Is the source of this "official" rating just the rants of James Delingpole, or is there actually some kind of ranking that makes it official?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Is the source of this "official" rating just the rants of James Delingpole, or is there actually some kind of ranking that makes it official?
          wtfs

When I was at skool one of my teachers always advised me to read the exam questions very thoroughly, because the answer might just be hidden in the question. He was right you know.

Comment

Dave is just looking after the gravy train for failed MPs.

Comment

Maggie Thatcher was the grocer's daughter. Ted Heath liked bobbing around in boats.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                She was only the grocer's daughter............ ..... I don't know, dare I ????
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Heath was called Grocer Heath by Private Eye purely because Thatch was a "Grocer's Daughter". No other reason.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Wrong!

It was because he abolished Retail Price Maintenance in 1964, which led inexorably to Tescopoly.

I don't think anyone had heard much of Saint Margaret in 1968/9 when the cartoon started in Private Eye.
                    I humbly beg your forgiveness and that of all the posters on CUK. That's what you get for Wiki-ing the answers.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X