• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And finally, a helpful Chinese company…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A man who ordered a special size 14.5 slipper to fit his oversized foot was sent a size 1,450 after the Chinese manufacturers failed to spot a decimal point in his order.

Man orders size 14.5 slipper and gets size 1,450 after 'mistranslation in China' - Telegraph
    Tom Boddingham, 27, has a size 13 right foot while his left is slightly bigger measuring a size 14 and a half.

When he ordered his custom slipper, the manufacturers in China misread "size 14.5" and instead built a size 1,450 measuring 7ft long.

Mr Boddingham, who has always worn custom made shoes, said he now plans to sell the giant slipper on eBay.

He said: "It was sent directly from Hong Kong and measures 210 x 130 x 65cms - the same length as a grizzly bear or a family car.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Hmmm - the headline now reads "Monster slipper 'revealed as elaborate PR stunt'"

since Mr Boddingham looks uncannily like the PR guy for Monster Slipper.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

PR guy:

Slipper guy:
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Don't know why he's looking happy, he ordered a size 1,450, so it should have been about 9m long.

Comment

KUATB
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

We have not had any thread domination for a while

It’s FRIDAY
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Hmmm - the headline now reads "Monster slipper 'revealed as elaborate PR stunt'"

since Mr Boddingham looks uncannily like the PR guy for Monster Slipper.
              The accurate headline would be "revealed as simple PR stunt that a child could've seen through"

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                The accurate headline would be "revealed as simple PR stunt that a child could've seen through"
                A child, yes.

A Maily Telegraph churnalist, no.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I don't like how online news papers change their stories like that, its a bit too 1984.
                  The original story should have remained with a link to the revelation story.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    I don't like how online news papers change their stories like that, its a bit too 1984.
                    The original story should have remained with a link to the revelation story.
                    Ah, but if you did that then it might prove embarrassing to the publication.

Like when the Mail published the reaction and quotes from when Amanda Knox failed in the appeal
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X