PDA

View Full Version : Friday Home Time

bless 'em all
21st October 2011, 09:01
2 hours to go before I drive off into the sun-set for the weekend.

:yay:

Lockhouse
21st October 2011, 09:45
Some tw@t's organised a 16:00-17:00 meeting in another office which is 10 mins away. Bang goes any hope of sneaking off at 16:50 to catch my early train :(

Mich the Tester
21st October 2011, 09:47
Some tw@t's organised a 16:00-17:00 meeting in another office which is 10 mins away. Bang goes any hope of sneaking off at 16:50 to catch my early train :(

You should block 16h onwards every friday with something that sounds really important; hint is to get a few other contractors and one indolent permie in on it so it looks like an important meeting about 'requirements clarification' or some such.

I hold an 'issue triage meeting' with various people every Friday at 16h and it usually ends up being cancelled at the last minute.

bless 'em all
21st October 2011, 10:18
You should block 16h onwards every friday with something that sounds really important; hint is to get a few other contractors and one indolent permie in on it so it looks like an important meeting about 'requirements clarification' or some such.

I hold an 'issue triage meeting' with various people every Friday at 16h and it usually ends up being cancelled at the last minute.

.... or manage expectations from the off. I told the client I would be in later on a Monday and leave early on a Friday during the interview.

I didn't tell them what later or earlier actually was. They looked a bit surprised the first time I left at 12. :laugh

Troll
21st October 2011, 10:40
2 hours to go before I drive off into the sun-set for the weekend.

:yay:Thursday is the new Friday (for those who negotiate their contracts right :smokin)

Troll
21st October 2011, 10:41
Some tw@t's organised a 16:00-17:00 meeting in another office which is 10 mins away. Bang goes any hope of sneaking off at 16:50 to catch my early train :(That is so out of order someone needs a good :spank:

conned tractor
21st October 2011, 10:54
Thursday is the new Friday (for those who negotiate their contracts right :smokin)

And Tuesday the new Monday for those that are sacraficing time for plan B. If I did any less hours then there would be no point coming to clientco. Right, off to the pub for lunch.

wobbegong
21st October 2011, 11:26
Thursday is the new Friday (for those who negotiate their contracts right :smokin)

In a nutshell. I don't do Friday afternoons, they're mine!

Mich the Tester
21st October 2011, 11:32
In a nutshell. I don't do Friday afternoons, they're mine!

I am present on Fridays till everyone else goes home, which isn usually about 16h.

I don't do Monday mornings. That was the first board decision made when MyCo was established.

Lockhouse
21st October 2011, 14:53
Meeting cancelled!!! :banana::banana::banana: