• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday Home Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Home Time

2 hours to go before I drive off into the sun-set for the weekend.

Some tw@t's organised a 16:00-17:00 meeting in another office which is 10 mins away. Bang goes any hope of sneaking off at 16:50 to catch my early train
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      Some tw@t's organised a 16:00-17:00 meeting in another office which is 10 mins away. Bang goes any hope of sneaking off at 16:50 to catch my early train
      You should block 16h onwards every friday with something that sounds really important; hint is to get a few other contractors and one indolent permie in on it so it looks like an important meeting about 'requirements clarification' or some such.

I hold an 'issue triage meeting' with various people every Friday at 16h and it usually ends up being cancelled at the last minute.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        You should block 16h onwards every friday with something that sounds really important; hint is to get a few other contractors and one indolent permie in on it so it looks like an important meeting about 'requirements clarification' or some such.

I hold an 'issue triage meeting' with various people every Friday at 16h and it usually ends up being cancelled at the last minute.
        .... or manage expectations from the off. I told the client I would be in later on a Monday and leave early on a Friday during the interview.

I didn't tell them what later or earlier actually was. They looked a bit surprised the first time I left at 12.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
          2 hours to go before I drive off into the sun-set for the weekend.

Thursday is the new Friday (for those who negotiate their contracts right )
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            That is so out of order someone needs a good
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              And Tuesday the new Monday for those that are sacraficing time for plan B. If I did any less hours then there would be no point coming to clientco. Right, off to the pub for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                In a nutshell. I don't do Friday afternoons, they're mine!
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  In a nutshell. I don't do Friday afternoons, they're mine!
                  I am present on Fridays till everyone else goes home, which isn usually about 16h.

I don't do Monday mornings. That was the first board decision made when MyCo was established.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

WAHhhhhhhhEEEYYYYYYYY!!!

Meeting cancelled!!!
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X