• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got myself in trouble….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got myself in trouble….

Last edited by Wilmslow; 15 February 2012, 19:48.

Does the expression "shoot yourself in the foot" mean anything to you?

Why would you call anyone on the phone and say that to them

Please don't come back to contracting you will give us all a bad name.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Got an invite for a meeting ending at 6:30pm.

Given this is after an all day meeting starting at 8am, in the office at 7am, then I have a very valid point I that people will be too bollocksed for this late meeting.

Called the organiser who is on the senior management team, and is incompetent at arranging meetings, and told her people will be too bollockes for this.

Snappy reply back, end of.

She then sends me an email asking me to not swear at her.

I then get another email sent to other people advising I am so upset at the prospect of a late evening meeting I am using multiple profanities at her.

I only said that people are too bollocksed for the bonkers meeting schedule she is proposing.

Going to be an interesting day……..
      I like meetings that go on all day. Just as long as I have a very small earplug and plenty of tunes and games on the i-thingy.

Just sit there all day, do f**k all and send a great big fat invoice.

Oh sorry, I forgot you're a permie for a moment.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Easy to diffuse

Phone her back up and say

'Look love, I didn't swear at you, I said bollocksed, it's not as if I called you a c**t'

Sorted.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

have you had a written warning yet?

Comment

I have to admit that I used the word 'bollocks' in a meeting today.

Comment

I'm forever swearing in the office, it's been mentioned. Don't even know I do it.

Muttering & swearing as well when programming.

Anyway, what's wrong with bollocks. I said that on a call last week when the Support Manager said 'MF is now the main point of contact for Product X'
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Go to the meeting. Interrupt and loudly state you will not tolerate such unprofessional behaviour as to send childish emails to other people rather than discuss with you face to face. Then storm out. Meeting avoided.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Go to the meeting. Interrupt and loudly state you will not tolerate such unprofessional behaviour as to send childish emails to other people rather than discuss with you face to face. Then storm out. Meeting avoided.
                  and pick up his P45 on the way out?

Comment

"Bollocks" isn't a swear word . . .

Never Mind The Bollocks was met by a hail of controversy in the UK upon its release. The first documented legal problems involved the allegedly 'obscene' name of the album, and the prosecution (under Section 28 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847, since replaced by the Indecent Displays (Control) Act 1981) of the manager of the Nottingham Virgin record shop (and label owner Richard Branson) for having displayed it in a window. However, at Nottingham Magistrates' Court on 24 November 1977, defending Queen's Counsel John Mortimer produced expert witnesses who were able to successfully demonstrate that the word "bollocks" was not obscene, and was actually a legitimate Old English term originally used to refer to a priest, and which, in the context of the title, meant "nonsense". The chairman of the hearing was forced to conclude:

Much as my colleagues and I wholeheartedly deplore the vulgar exploitation of the worst instincts of human nature for the purchases of commercial profits by both you and your company, we must reluctantly find you not guilty of each of the four charges.
                    Tell her to shove that up her fat a*se. No, wait a minute, don't do that.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                    X