• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trafalgar Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trafalgar Day

Celebrate with a toast to Nelson and his defeat of the French (or is that racist these days?)
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Celebrate with a toast to Nelson and his defeat of the French (or is that racist these days?)
    Only if you'd called them 'cheese eating surrender monkeys".

HTH.
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Yep, and here's to HMS Defeat too.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        I wonder how les Frogs feel when they visit England and see lots of pubs called 'Lord Nelson'.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I wonder how les Frogs feel when they visit England and see lots of pubs called 'Lord Nelson'.
          The frogs don't understand pubs nor rounds from my experience, tight feckers.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            . . . serving Spitfire beer.

"Downed all over Kent, just like the Luftwaffe" as the ad used to say.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Spitfire Adverts | Spitfire - Premium Kentish Ale
              Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              . . . serving Spitfire beer.

"Downed all over Kent, just like the Luftwaffe" as the ad used to say.
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                There are some belters there, thanks AB.

One that just caused a coffee/keyboard interface moment was this one.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

It's monstrous that the well-known classic film Bequest to the Nation (1973) isn't available on DVD.

But I guess Trafalgar Battle Surgeon (2005), being more recent, probably is.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X