• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF is aplitrak?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF is aplitrak?

A lot of contracting adverts nowadays have as contact email an address like this:
    [email protected]

I.E.:
    John Smith, Adecco, Ref:62794, Cwjobs => [email protected] (this is totally made up).

When I phone the agents directly (all of them in my experience) they tell me that the vacancy doesn't exist, they never received my email and they haven't a clue what aplitrak is, so I've stopped sending emails to aplitrak. Now I google the agent's name and email them directly.

Has anybody got a clue? Am I just paranoid or is this 3rd party harvesting?
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Broadbean Technology - Google is your wee pal - not (that) sinister just another example of lazy recruiters.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Broadbean Technology - Google is your wee pal - not (that) sinister just another example of lazy recruiters.
      What about agents telling me they haven't got my emails and know nothing about the vacancy? Agents' laziness or what else? Why would they want to use a 3rd party spamming application when they usually do it themselves?
      Last edited by petergriffin; 22 October 2011, 12:51. Reason: ehm...
      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Looks like an email server of these guys Multiposting and CV Search software - broadbean.com - UK, third-party CV/posting software.

See http://whois.domaintools.com/aplitrak.net - Registrant Organization: Broadbean Technology Ltd

Comment

Working...
        X