• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobstats static?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobstats static?

Anyone know what has happened to www.jobstats.co.uk?

It used to be updated weekly but no updates have occurred since 6th May.

Two reasons.

1. All the jobs have gone to India and JobStats have outsourced their work there.

2. No one gives a tulipe.

HTH

PS JobStats are intrinsically binary. You either have a job or you don't. :rollin

Comment

PS JobStats are intrinsically binary. You either have a job or you don't
      I disagree, but in a nice, polite way, with no raised voice or concealed flick-knife.

Here's why.

At a company where I used to work, a US competitor took them over and got rid of all the UK staff, except the 3 MD's, who were contractually obliged to continue working there for 12 more months if the company was sold or broken up.

Imagine a large factory, with no workers, dust sheets over the machines, and an empty car park, except for 3 Mercs parked in it.

Each day they turned up at their allotted time, unlocked the gatesm went inside, and went to their offices.

They would spend the day reading the newspaper, magazines, looking out the window, calling friends on their mobiles, or just playing solitaire. At 5.30, they would go home.

A couple of times a week, the CEO of the USA company would call them on the land lines or send them an email to make sure they were there.

12 months later, they were released from service and then the whole factory shut down.

As they had honoured their contract terms of the sale 12 months previously, they got their final payment for the sale of the company, some 300K each.

Now, I ask you this.

Did they have a job or not have a job ? Or where they somewhere in between ?

Comment

Working...
      X