• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kids' football

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids' football

Lino (husband) flagged defender (son) for goal line hand ball (accidental).

No-one else saw it, including ref.

Son got yellow card (which I believe comes with a fine - no idea how much) - other team scored from penalty.

Other team then goading son, who responded with a "shut up", getting him another warning from the ref and resulting in him being subbed "before he gets sent off".

Other dads think husband is out of order - he's supposed to be on "our" side.
    Husband full of self-righteous indignation - thinks he deserves a medal for being impartial.
    Son very upset by it all.

(FWIW, son admitted that the ball did hit his hand.)

Nice atmosphere in the k2p2 household at the moment...

I thought you were a bloke?!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Pah like a girl will know anything about football!
      I thought you were a bloke?!

Comment

I've slept since then!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've slept since then!
          and I had the op.

Comment

Mazel tov!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              Lino (husband) flagged defender (son) for goal line hand ball (accidental).

No-one else saw it, including ref.

Son got yellow card (which I believe comes with a fine - no idea how much) - other team scored from penalty.

Other team then goading son, who responded with a "shut up", getting him another warning from the ref and resulting in him being subbed "before he gets sent off".

Other dads think husband is out of order - he's supposed to be on "our" side.
              Husband full of self-righteous indignation - thinks he deserves a medal for being impartial.
              Son very upset by it all.

(FWIW, son admitted that the ball did hit his hand.)

Nice atmosphere in the k2p2 household at the moment...
              Take him to rugby instead & make a man out of him - football is for nappy wearing effeminate types

HTH
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

.... So now I've googled, and I can't find anything that suggests an accidental hand ball is a bookable offence. Indeed everything suggests that play should be allowed to continue.

I've helpfully pointed this out to both husband and son. Now they're both telling me to "shut up" and "what do you know about football?"

Law 12 Handball

Comment

leave it to ref

I've run the line many times

best to just stick to offside and throw ins.

Leave everything else to the ref, especially if it's against your team.

Comment

Oh dear. I'd slope off for a quiet pint while they sort it out.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X