• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead cat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead cat

On my drive.

My guess is it was struck by a car last night and made its way into my drive and snuck under my car.

Not being a pet owner/lover, what should I do with the body?

Dump it anonymously or is there some humane procedure that will enable the (unknown to me) owner determine what happened to their cat.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    On my drive.

My guess is it was struck by a car last night and made its way into my drive and snuck under my car.

Dump it anonymously or is there some humane procedure that will enable the (unknown to me) owner determine what happened to their cat.
    Poor little guy

You could call the RSPCA, Cats Protection League etc, let them know you found a dead cat and give them a description .
    It probably belongs to one of your neighbours - do you feel up to knocking on a few doors? I'd certainly appreciate it, even if the news was bad.
    Bury the cat in your garden if nobody claims it today.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Check the collar for a number / address?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

On my drive.

Most cats are 'chipped' nowadays so you could contact your local vet. Else I'd burry the cat somewhere as putting out with the rubbish could attract foxes etc.

Comment

To clarify, I've a cat and 1st thing I'd do if he went missing would be a contact the local vet.

Comment

Tried a few local vets and they are all closed.

One of them is part of a group and they had a 24Hr site in Watford (I'm in Berkshire) so called them for advice and they said, on Monday, I can either take it to any local vets or call the council.

I'll bag it and place it in the bin for the weekend, think my garden waste bin is empty, to protect it from foxes and drop it off at the local vets on Monday.

No sign of a collar but didn't look carefully as my niece was due over and wanted to cover the body before she got here.

TBH, even though I'm not a pet lover and have chased this cat out of my garden a few times for sh!tting in my flower beds, still sad to see it dead like that.

BTW, thanks for the tips/advice.

Comment

No doubt the crazy cat lady will be along soon to advise
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Tried a few local vets and they are all closed.

One of them is part of a group and they had a 24Hr site in Watford (I'm in Berkshire) so called them for advice and they said, on Monday, I can either take it to any local vets or call the council.

I'll bag it and place it in the bin for the weekend, think my garden waste bin is empty, to protect it from foxes and drop it off at the local vets on Monday.

No sign of a collar but didn't look carefully as my niece was due over and wanted to cover the body before she got here.

TBH, even though I'm not a pet lover and have chased this cat out of my garden a few times for sh!tting in my flower beds, still sad to see it dead like that.

BTW, thanks for the tips/advice.
                You're doing the right thing. Cats go missing all the time due their quizicle (hope that spell checking guy doesn't work Saturday's) nature, especially if you live near a takeaway, hence the '7 lives of a cat' saying.

Comment

Originally posted by keninparis View Post
                  You're doing the right thing. Cats go missing all the time due their quizicle (hope that spell checking guy doesn't work Saturday's) nature, especially if you live near a takeaway, hence the '7 lives of a cat' saying.
                  quizzical
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    quizzical

Comment

Working...
                    X