• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Anaesthetic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Anaesthetic

Had my first ever GA yesterday.

Op went fine & I was out of recovery in 15 minutes or so. Felt fine - which is good because I was worried about the after effects.

Then I went back to hotel, ordered a pizza & drank a load of coke. Bad move - spent rest of the night on the karzee

Reckon it was all the pills they made me swallow wot done it. Anyone else had similar experience?

Last time, I woke up feeling fine and didn't start feeling bad until they gave me a shot of morphine.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post

Op went fine & I was out of recovery in 15 minutes or so. Felt fine - which is good because I was worried about the after effects.

Then I went back to hotel, ordered a pizza & drank a load of coke. Bad move - spent rest of the night on the karzee

Reckon it was all the pills they made me swallow wot done it. Anyone else had similar experience?
      Get well soon me old son. Can't add to this as the last time I was under I was 9.

Guiness is Godly. Get on that.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Had day surgery a few years ago, GA. Recovered quickly and was told not to touch alcohol for at least 24 hours.

Was in the pub by teatime and had a few pints with no ill effects although I think avoiding the painkillers they provided me with was probably part of that.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be a comment on the quality of CUK posts.

I always chuck up after any mucking around - operation/childbirth/dentistry etc. Not sure what causes it - think my body just doesn't like being messed around with. Child 3 I did drugs free thinking it was the pain relief that caused it, but same result. Most recent experience was an op under local a few years ago - was fine later the same day, but the following morning was like the most hellish hangover ever - husband had to stop the car twice on the way home from hospital.

Take it easy - get well soon.

Comment

It’s the Coke that did it. Under general you are breathing a gas and your blood stream needs to be clear. Having fizzy drinks or flying or diving etc could kill you. Read the small print that you sign before having the op.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Belly
              Yep, opioid painkillers will give you constipation. May also cause nausea and diarrhoea.
              I had to take 6 different pills 5 minutes before I went into the theatre. They said use as little water as possible but, because my mouth was so dry from the nerves, I ended up drinking almost a whole glass. This kind of worried me because they were very strict about not letting me have any water to drink at all once I was 2 hours from op time.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Guiness is Godly. Get on that.
                Got a couple of bottles of Fursty Ferret waiting for me to have with me Sunday roast tomorrow

Comment

You were lucky. When I was cut open I was given a monster dose of drugs into the spine. Spinal anaesthesia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which basically means I pissed myself on the operating table. Good job i didn't need the a number 2.

Comment

Christ...

I'm fifty and had I've had nowt, and I'm well unhealthy, 6' 4", well fat tho, 18 stone easy, and all flab, no muscle. Only thing I can remember is tonsils at 6, two bad car crashes (both of which I came out of unscathed), a bout of cellulitis, and worst for me, clinical depression circa 2003....

Added to that I usually expect a flu-type illness every year or so, but nothing since 2008, hardly even a cold.

Means I'll get the lot tomorrow...

I think, time to sort misen oot...

Comment

Working...
                    X