• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nasa Consulting, any thoughts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nasa Consulting, any thoughts?

I 'think' this is the right place to put this.

After being offered a last minute contract (Read, offered on Friday, start on Monday) so I've had a baptism into the consulting world, and I've been referred to an umbrella company, called Nasa Consultancy.

A quick search on here, and I can't see anything for them, but I'm wondering if anyone has used them, has any feedback or helpful advice at all?

There are certainly some unanswered questions which I'll need to call them about, but if anyone can tell me anything, it would be greatly appreciated!

If you've never heard of them and you're a new contractor I'd avoid. Go with the big boys Parasol / Contractor Umbrella etc. Why worry when you'll be getting the same from a good name, if they promise you any more than the above can offer they're lying.

Comment

I would normally agree except I'm completely new to this, so I've no idea what's normal and what isn't.

It was unfortunate that it was a very last minute deal. I had about two hours before close of play to get as much information as I could and make a decision! I think once this contract is done I may very well leave Nasa and go with Parasol instead. It seems people tend to understand this one a bit more.

I take it I can't change mid contract either (I certainly don't like that idea)

Comment

You can change mid contract. Just tell the agy to do a contract with your new umbrella.

Comment

That's really helpful to know thanks!

From what I'm reading, Nasa doesn't look too bad, although they certainly seem new! But if the worst comes to the worst, I'll switch!

Comment

Hi

I saw this thread and thought I'd just chime in with a few thoughts. We've been going since March 2006, and currently payroll about 1200 contractors a week. So are (I like to think) reasonably well established.

In terms of one of the posters mentioning 'just go with the big boys', one reason not to is we charge a tenner a week, whilst the two august organisations mentioned above charge around £25 a week. In terms of customer service I feel we punch well above our weight for the price we charge and show that cheap doesn't mean poor service.

But ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So I will leave to other contractors to judge!

Comment

Originally posted by NasaConsulting View Post
              Hi

I saw this thread and thought I'd just chime in with a few thoughts. We've been going since March 2006, and currently payroll about 1200 contractors a week. So are (I like to think) reasonably well established.

In terms of one of the posters mentioning 'just go with the big boys', one reason not to is we charge a tenner a week, whilst the two august organisations mentioned above charge around £25 a week. In terms of customer service I feel we punch well above our weight for the price we charge and show that cheap doesn't mean poor service.

But ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So I will leave to other contractors to judge!
              Fair point! The fact you took the time to drop a message says good things in my eyes.

Now I've had a little more than 30 minutes to research everything, I feel pretty pleased with choosing Nasa even if it was a slightly panicked last minute decision (one which, lets be honest if you had to do a last minute decision, you might be worried about it too), I'll give honest feedback once the first payroll has gone through but I'm feeling pretty confident about it and hopefully many more contracts in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by NasaConsulting View Post
                Hi

1200 contractors a week.

we charge a tenner a week

£12,000 a week! Plan B

And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

Originally posted by manclarky View Post
                  £12,000 a week! Plan B

Minus running costs, and your exposure to clients payment delays. If it sounds too good to be true etc.
                  World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
                    Minus running costs, and your exposure to clients payment delays. If it sounds too good to be true etc.
                    Running costs, agreed, but £500,000 is a lot of running costs.

Clients payments delays aren't your problem though. I worked through an umbrella company for about 3 months once, and they only paid you once they'd got the money in from the end client / agency - so no risk there.
                    And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

Working...
                    X