• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phones4U

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phones4U

Ok this really isn't my week....

I signed up for a new mobile contract on saturday through phones4U and they assured me that if I signed up there and then that when I get my PAC number to port my old mob number over from o2 I could just ring up vodafone and they would do it.

I just rang vodafone and they have told me that this is a bareface lie and that this isn't possible. I now have to go back into a phones4U shop and get them to CANCEL the whole damn contract and start again with them porting the new number over properly!!!!

"Well behaved women rarely make history"

Bad luck.

But as soon as it's a case of "but the salesman said..." you know you've been suckered. Thank heavens for cooling off periods. However, look on the bright side, it gives you an enormous stick to beat them with and drive a harder bargain if they want to retain your custom.

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
      Bad luck.

But as soon as it's a case of "but the salesman said..." you know you've been suckered. Thank heavens for cooling off periods. However, look on the bright side, it gives you an enormous stick to beat them with and drive a harder bargain if they want to retain your custom.
      absobloominlutely

the vodafone man was very nice to me which is a bonus (despite having been passed around 4 people previous to him - via india! - none of which was done on a freephone number)

goign into town at lunch with my big stick

Comment

Have you seen your Vodafone contract through yet? P4U can't dictate (or guarantee) the terms for Voda's Ts+Cs for letting you out of their contract.

Comment

I think half price line rental for 6 months should be your minimum acceptable position.

Comment

Have you considered that it might be Vodaphone who are lying.... After all, they have nothing to lose since they are going to lose your custom anyway.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by chock
              Have you seen your Vodafone contract through yet? P4U can't dictate (or guarantee) the terms for Voda's Ts+Cs for letting you out of their contract.
              All irrelevant. There is a statutory minimum seven day cooling off period for all contracts, regardless of T&Cs.

Comment

I think half price line rental for 6 months should be your minimum acceptable position.
                that's what I was getting anyway

Comment

I was thinking of a completely different "minimal acceptable position" for Janey.
                  We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

All irrelevant. There is a statutory minimum seven day cooling off period for all contracts, regardless of T&Cs.
                    I flippin hope so... I'm so tempted to tell phones4u where to shove it and go elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X