• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Biggest blagger you have ever worked with?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest blagger you have ever worked with?

There's a lad who is doing the same work as me at, I presume, a good rate.

He's a nice guy but he obviously doesn't have anywhere near the experience he should have for the role. He didn't know some of the basic tools, techniques, etc and he's putting out some sub standard work.

I've been helping him out and covering for him to an extent - fixing stuff and letting him take the credit - but I'm just surprised he has blagged it in at a fairly high level. I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets some experience but poor guy is having a hell of a time at the moment.

Fair play if you can get someone to pay you a decent wedge to learn on the job though.

Who is the biggest blagger you have ever worked with or have you ever been the blagger?

Mmmmmmmm Tricky...

Suity - Talks a good game but pretty ineffectual when it comes down to it!
    MF - Full of utter bulltulip!
    SAS - Well SAS makes MF seem modest.

(Oooops not worked with any of them)
    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Nigerian contractor (hope he's not on here), stayed over at his pad after a lash and left me to deal with baliffs following morning after he'd got a taxi into work (too late a session to consider driving).

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
        I've been helping him out and covering for him to an extent
        But back to the initial question - always help people but IMO not cover for them.

Comment

I think blaggers are well out of order. The client is paying for, and expecting, an expert in a certain field, when they hire a contractor. By blagging you are defrauding the client and causing a burden on colleagues.

I could never blag, I just don't have it in me to lie or cheat in this way. Most of the blaggers I've known have been Bobs, but somehow they've all survived in some kind of role at clients probably because they're cheap enough. Cheap, but still not any good.

Comment

Where is CUK's most notorious blagger anyway? (doctor, lawyer, Tornado pilot,...)

Comment

I've blagged in the past and I expect I'll do so again. Business is business.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I once worked with DodgyAgent!

Do I win or does he?

Comment

I have 1 or 2 friends that have blagged their way into jobs they know absolute nothing about and then become good. I admire them because I dont have the courage to do so myself. They have the skills to adapt undetected

The reality is this is common in IT and I have seen contractors come an go at my current gig when the job gets too much for them. I am always willing to help those willing to learned as long as it does not affect me.

It is up to the client to oust blaggers and not a fellow contractor to Rat them out (unless it impacts them)

css_jay99

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
                    It is up to the client to oust blaggers and not a fellow contractor to Rat them out (unless it impacts them)
                    True up to a point, that being when the tulip hits the fan the client may want to know why you hadn't spotted how crap the blagger was before hand.

to put it one way, if I was working with a blagger I would make sure that if the blagger cocked up in a massive way then they would be the obvious person to blame without me having to say a single word after the incident.
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X