• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bizarre cold remedies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bizarre cold remedies

Suity has a sniffle, well to be fair I 've had it over a week now

It is reminiscent of that fecking swine flu tulipe I had last year for over 15 weeks, so I'm being careful

Tonight, to her horror SY02 found me rubbing garic into the soles of my feet

Linky

Though there are variations on the delivery of this remedy, it comes down to rubbing garlic on your feet. Crush and mince several cloves of garlic and put them in a bowl. Add just enough olive oil to cover and let it stand for 30 minutes. Rub the mixture onto the bottom of your feet and then put on a pair of socks. Go to bed for the night. This application is best used when you don't need to go out in public, as the odor is rather heady. Garlic "gets under your skin," so through the night the garlic's antibiotic properties have made their way through your body and you should wake with clear lungs and nasal passages.

Anyone else got any whacky cold remedies?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I had a weird one for 3 weeks. So weird I wondered whether it was related to the strange insect bite I'd had the day before which made my leg swell up. After a few days the bite mark, which had started off as almost invisible, developed a scab a few millimetres across. Maybe a coincidence and maybe from rubbing (was also itchy), but who knows.

Anyway whatever it was went straight to my head and chest and gave me a cough and runny nose, and I didn't know any other fecker that had it. Usually I get nothing and every other fecker gets something. Yesterday I started sweating again and thought, here we go again. But that sweat may have finally killed the lergie, because aside from a bit of nose dampness seem pretty much cured.
    Last edited by TimberWolf; 24 October 2011, 18:24. Reason: sp

Comment

Soup with lots of chillies in it.

Or eating lots of hot curries.

Yum......
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Belly
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Belly
          That's just cruel.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Soup with lots of chillies in it.

Or eating lots of hot curries.

Yum......
            Agreed. Hot curries do the trick for me.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Tons of Spicy Onions from the Indian.....
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Was looking for radium cures, but only found this on the first page:

and this:

Comment

Hot curry, and whisky. Probably not at the same time, I imagine that would be painful.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Suity has a sniffle, well to be fair I 've had it over a year now
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X