• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you're far enough North

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're far enough North

Aurora Borealis should be visible tonight. It's currently clear at the moment so living in hope.
    Me, me, me...

Is that North London?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Aye,
      I had a red alert from these guys last night.

Welcome to AuroraWatch UK

Sadly I'd gone to bed earlier than normal. Also we were having our month's supply of rain delivered last night.

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
        Aye,
        I had a red alert from these guys last night.

Welcome to AuroraWatch UK

Sadly I'd gone to bed earlier than normal. Also we were having our month's supply of rain delivered last night.
        Green at the moment but I'm keeping an eye out. I've seen the display before but it's always worth having another look.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Green at the moment but I'm keeping an eye out. I've seen the display before but it's always worth having another look.
          Presently Yorkshire moors. If it's a goer I'll get dressed and go out for a look but bearing in mind I almost got arrested for trespassing on a race course last year when someone on here posted the same I want some
          proof first.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Presently Yorkshire moors. If it's a goer I'll get dressed and go out for a look but bearing in mind I almost got arrested for trespassing on a race course last year when someone on here posted the same I want some
            proof first.
            Last year when the Perseids meteor shower was over the UK I went out in the middle of the night, another car pulled up, didn't know if they were doggers or geeks like me (unfortunately it was the latter)
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I think there's some inverse relation between the auroral activity and the amount of cloud here.
              Brilliantly clear night, just some light clouds moving in from the North-East.
              Saw a long, slow meteor following the path of the milky way around 11:15 ( about 35 degrees long).

Jupiter is very bright in the South, need to get the telescope out at the weekend (guaranteed downpour).

Comment

Do you think maybe some drunk students run a magnet by the Lancaster sensor every so often?
                Guess I would have..........

Comment

It's clouded up here

Oh to back in Bergen.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Aye, here too. Boing!

Comment

Working...
                    X