• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mouse in the House

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse in the House

The other day there was a rattle and small bang from behind the gas fire in my living room. This has happened before, and judging by what the gas man has found when servicing the fire in the past, it's usually a bit of dried mortar or a stick dropped down the chimney by a bird.

This time, it was a mouse

Since then the damn thing has been coming out from under the fire and shooting off behind stuff in the corner of the room every bloody evening, farting about a bit, and eventually shooting back up the chimney when it thinks I'm not looking

The tray of poisoned grain I put down, it uses as a convenient walkway. From there it hops and skips along the tops of the various designs of trap I've deployed

After this evening's performance, I've finally decided to hell with the chance they're "cruel" and ordered glue boards. I presume that, as soon as I put them down in the spot where it comes out, it'll start grinding up bits of mortar into a sandy powder it can sprinkle over them to make them safe for walking on

Bloody vermin

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The other day there was a rattle and small bang from behind the gas fire in my living room. This has happened before, and judging by what the gas man has found when servicing the fire in the past, it's usually a bit of dried mortar or a stick dropped down the chimney by a bird.

This time, it was a mouse

Since then the damn thing has been coming out from under the fire and shooting off behind stuff in the corner of the room every bloody evening, farting about a bit, and eventually shooting back up the chimney when it thinks I'm not looking

The tray of poisoned grain I put down, it uses as a convenient walkway. From there it hops and skips along the tops of the various designs of trap I've deployed

After this evening's performance, I've finally decided to hell with the chance they're "cruel" and ordered glue boards. I presume that, as soon as I put them down in the spot where it comes out, it'll start grinding up bits of mortar into a sandy powder it can sprinkle over them to make them safe for walking on

Bloody vermin
    Get a cat IMO, good at seeking out pests in the house.

Comment

Hoots Mon!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by keninparis View Post
        Get a cat IMO, good at seeking out pests in the house.
        Seeking it out isn't the problem: it seems quite happy popping in and out of the chimney. I just don't think a cat could get in there, and also I'm not sure how I'd get it out again.

Comment

Seeking it out isn't the problem: it seems quite happy popping in and out of the chimney. I just don't think a cat could get in there, and also I'm not sure how I'd get it out again.

No problem just need a catflap. Job done.

Comment

Why can't we all live in peace?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Why can't we all live in peace?
              PM me your address, once I've caught the damn thing I'll send it to you and you can live in peace with it.

Comment

PM me your address, once I've caught the damn thing I'll send it to you and you can live in peace with it.
                Leave it for the cat to sort out, they are good at these things.

Comment

Had a kitchen once infested by mice, could see them running around but could never catch them.

Was playing some Spanish guitar in the living room and one by one they would come out and sit beside me on the floor. I'd reach down with a cardboard box and put them outside. After a few days no more mice.

No idea why this worked but willing to offer my services as Rattenfänger.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    Had a kitchen once infested by mice, could see them running around but could never catch them.

Was playing some Spanish guitar in the living room and one by one they would come out and sit beside me on the floor. I'd reach down with a cardboard box and put them outside. After a few days no more mice.

No idea why this worked but willing to offer my services as Rattenfänger.
                    Can you do a live stream over the net? I've got a hammer ready at this end...

Comment

Working...
                    X