• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end of contracting as we know it for suity?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of contracting as we know it for suity?

You decide, no poll though :

August : Get given interview for contract, role description BPM architect.
    September 5th : Start gig a BPM architect.
    September 5th : Point out that project requirements not even nearly, not even so slightly documented as sold at interview.
    September 6th : Attempted to pull the pin on the contract, as totally missold.
    September 6th : Asked to stay to try and pull the contract back on track and do some of the necessary requirements gathering.
    September 6th : Ask for 4 workshops, involving all stakeholders, for 4 days each.
    Septermber 6th : All key stake holders and th project sponsor **** off on holiday for 3 weeks.
    September 6th : Get rebuffed and told the best I can hope for is 1-2-1 sessions with the remaining stakeholders.
    September 7th - 30th : Hold 1-2-1s with those that can be arsed to turn up and complete the functional requirements based on minimal half arsed input, meanwhile raising several large diamond encrusted neon lit risks against the project. Deliver F-Spec draft for review as per plan on 29th Sept.
    October 3rd : ****wits return from holiday.
    October 3rd : ****wits read F-Spec.
    October 3rd : ****wits raise serious objections to F-Spec.
    <other serious stuff goes on like the creation of the dev environment, which is not our responsibility and is seriously weeks ******* late

Today : Both onsite Bob's pulled off the project owing to 'margin concerns'.
    Today : Suity told not only will I be the BA/BPM architect/Data modeller/Test script writer/UAT document writer/Trainer I will now also be required to be the lead developer.

To wit, I have to develop the majority of it on shore.

SY02 has raised the obvious objection that

a) I have been enough of a nightmare to live with, given only 3 roles to fulfil
    b) This latest exodus of Bob's is indicative and I should do likewise
    c) Stop being a fckng mug, man up and leave.
    d) point c was repeated a few times to be honest

So here we are peeps, the much anticipated demise of suity. Enjoy.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

September 5th : Point out that project requirements not even nearly, not even so slightly documented as sold at interview.
    September 6th : Asked to stay to try and pull the contract back on track and do some of the necessary requirements gathering.
    September 6th : Ask for 4 workshops, involving all stakeholders, for 4 days each.
    Septermber 6th : All key stake holders and th project sponsor **** off on holiday for 3 weeks.
    September 6th : Get rebuffed and told the best I can hope for is 1-2-1 sessions with the remaining stakeholders.
    September 7th - 30th : Hold 1-2-1s with those that can be arsed to turn up and complete the functional requirements based on minimal half arsed input, meanwhile raising several large diamond encrusted neon lit risks against the project. Deliver F-Spec draft for review as per plan on 29th Sept.
    <other serious stuff goes on like the creation of the dev environment, which is not our responsibility and is seriously weeks ******* late

Today : Suity told not only will I be the BA/BPM architect/Data modeller/Test script writer/UAT document writer/Trainer I will now also be required to be the lead developer.

Suity, get back to the proirities, what happened to your horse today?

Comment

Doesn't surprise CUK at all. No doubt someone will be on here presenting a link where it was all predicted a few months ago.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

What's the rate like for your skillset?

How big is the warchest?

Anything else on the horizon?

And most importantly, would you be using your imminent bench time to;

a) whinepost on here
        b) dig wells in Africa
        c) convert a VW camper
        d) cycle the length of the country
        e) find a pair.

Comment

Your missus is a better Contractor than you are.

HTH
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

CBA reading that, can I have the concise version please.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I have a nasty feeling I may be your pm.

Comment

Suity, when the going gets tough you whinge about it on CUK. That's fine. That's what we're all here for.

However, you are a contractor. You have been contracted to fulfil your contracted obligations, nothing more.

I'm sure that your new responsibilities are not in your current contract.

As I see it you have a number of options...
                1. Renogotiate your current contract to encompass your new responsibilities and negotiate the relevant hike in rate.
                2. Alert management to your concerns and offer to help recruit suitable resource to complete the project - there are plenty of contractors/contacts on here who could help. Don't get involved with budget concerns as that is outwith your (current)responsibilities.
                3. Inform the relevant parties that due to your role changing beyond the remit of your contract you are serving due notice.

There may be other options of a more emotional nature but let's be honest, we wish to remain as professional as possible.

Your wife sounds sensible, what the hell is she doing with you, drugs?

Comment

Surely that makes life easier? None of that documentation bollux, you just build the thing. If they don't like it, you change it. Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Your wife sounds sensible, what the hell is she doing with you, drugs?

Suity's not one for keeping his life private. His facebook "wall" is publicly available as first hit to anyone who googles his name (including his current client).

Originally posted by SY02 (I'm assuming it's SY02)
                    Are you still wetting the bed over this contract ffs? Jack it in and give our ears a rest will ya? God almighty!!!

Sort out your privacy settings Suity!!

Comment

Working...
                    X