• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prediction Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prediction Thread

Ok, we have several on here (some more vocal than others) about what is right or wrong in the world of finance, so,

This thread is the single place where you put forward your prediction on what will happen financially in the eurozone in the short to medium term future (say tomorrow - 2 years timescale)

The only rule is before you slate anyone else's prediction you must first put forward your own prediciton.

All opinions are valid and we'll see how good you all are in the upcoming future. I look forward to reading your proposals.

Chef
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Could I save us all some time and mention hitler now?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ok, I'll start:

1) Greece defaults before christmas
      2) Bond prices rise in Italy and Spain and one if not both will default late 2012
      3) this will cause a domino effect on banks around the world continuing the global recession for several years to come (I'm thinking 8-10) so that living in a recession and higher and higher tax rates become the norm
      4) several European banks go bust and several more consoidate
      5) Germany and France's economy takes a severe beating raising taxes in both countries
      6) more social unrest occurs and agreements are made europe wide to strengthen banking reserves and banking adopts a far more cautious lending strategy to all customers

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        you are obviously colour blind with the colour red.

Comment

Churchill and ATW lose their Virginity at a gay bar in Birmingham
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Suity will whine and pack in his contract.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              Ok, I'll start:

1) Greece defaults before christmas
              2) Bond prices rise in Italy and Spain and one if not both will default late 2012
              3) this will cause a domino effect on banks around the world continuing the global recession for several years to come (I'm thinking 8-10) so that living in a recession and higher and higher tax rates become the norm
              4) several European banks go bust and several more consoidate
              5) Germany and France's economy takes a severe beating raising taxes in both countries
              6) more social unrest occurs and agreements are made europe wide to strengthen banking reserves and banking adopts a far more cautious lending strategy to all customers
              7) There's a global shortage of beans and shotguns

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Zeity will become the first monster in history to top 100000

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

DodgyAgent buys a round of drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    A bit bloody early for the christmas hat isn't it?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X