• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors working in London during the olympics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractors working in London during the olympics

I guess that a fair few on here make the weekly journey to London town to ply their trade.

What are you planning on doing over the period the olympics are on? I'm guessing there won't be a hotel room to be had within the M25?

Is this going to be a real problem?

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I guess that a fair few on here make the weekly journey to London town to ply their trade.

What are you planning on doing over the period the olympics are on? I'm guessing there won't be a hotel room to be had within the M25?

I'm guessing it will be hell, not planning to be in London until after the games.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I am going to avoid London like the plague, except for the men's road race when I shall be in Richmond Park.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I am going to avoid London like the plague, except for the men's road race when I shall be in Richmond Park.
        .. because you like men in short shorts??
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          When is the women's beach volleyball on?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            When is the women's beach volleyball on?
            Women's beach volleyball is good if you like the rear view. Indoor women's volleyball is better for cameltoes.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Women's beach volleyball is good if you like the rear view. Indoor women's volleyball is better for cameltoes.
              I love to hear the voice of experience, a dedicated fan.
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                Because it's near my house and team GB have a great chance of a medal.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I read somewhere that people are looking to cash in on the olympics by renting their houses out for thousands a week. So I expect reasonably priced hotels or even hostels with vacancies will be impossible to find.

Hostels are worth considering as many are like cheap hotels these days, some even have private rooms with en-suite if you're fussy. Check out Hostels.com, HostelWorld etc for examples.

As for me, I'll be doing what I usually do when it involves contracting and London, avoiding the place. I can get a similar rate outside London without all the hassle.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Finding another contract in Manchester...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X