• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Showers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showers

but not the golden type

I am re-fitting a bathroom (take that as paying someone else to re-fit the bathroom) & was contemplating having one of these enclosure types:

Linky

It’s a brand I have never heard of, so I thought I would throw it out to all you DIY enthusiasts, anyone ever installed a similar shower & any comments dos / don’ts?

The main features I want is a fully enclosed unit with an integral seat: the jets etc. are a nice optional extra

Thanks in advance for any help & comments that at least make me smile
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Why would you want a seat in a shower, unless it's a bidet ????
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I would happily buy a tardis if I got to take Freema Agyeman in with me.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        Why would you want a seat in a shower, unless it's a bidet ????
        Its a disabled thing
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

We have one very similar (a bit older).
          Love it.
          Ours came in kit form so had to build it. Install was a doddle.
          Make sure you use anti fungal sealant if you have to build one.
          We double sealed all joints inside and out.
          Try to use extra long flexi pipes so you can plumb it and test it (and repair it) with it stood out from the wall.

Ours is an older model and there is what I see as a design flaw that may be fixed in newer. Nothing serious.
          Side jets hold a couple of feet of water so the first jet can be freezing cold. Always prime them before standing in front of them.

5 years and no hassle (touches wood).
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

The best showers on the market are Grohe, then its a case of finding a suitable enclosure. I don't know where to find an enclosure like that but if you are going to spend that money then get the mp3 player and radio built in.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
              (touches wood).
              Is that level of information required, really?

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                (touches wood).
                whose wood?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  The best showers on the market are Grohe, then its a case of finding a suitable enclosure. I don't know where to find an enclosure like that but if you are going to spend that money then get the mp3 player and radio built in.
                  I find the built in radio is enough. Dont spend long enough in it to warrant messing around with MP3 players.

I find the remote useful as I can have the shower warming up while I am <ahem> doing other things.
                  Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                    I am re-fitting a bathroom (take that as paying someone else to re-fit the bathroom) & was contemplating having one of these enclosure types:

Linky
                    Is there a version that comes without the built-in tanning lamp?
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X