• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Euro Deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Euro Deal

Better than I expected, but the ESEF fund is still too low and will have to be topped up.
    50% Greek default isn't enough, should have been up to 60%. After this haricut they still have a 120% gdp debt ratio and I can't see how they can ever bring this down.
    Meanwhile Italy is making vague noises about austerity and cutting it's 2 trillion euro debt. Yeah right.
    Ireland will run out of cash next year.
    And I've never understood how Spain paid its way (apart from Catalonia which is economically strong).

Meanwhile the unacknowledged elephant in the room is France with no austerity plans in hand at all.

It was a good hard kick of the can down the road, but I'm afraid it will have to picked up again later.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Because you're such an unpopular offensive little turd and nobody likes you I've taken pity on you and bounced your post to the top.

We couldn't have it disappearing without at least one comment, that would be so rude.

Comment

I bet the next post contains the word 'cretin'.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Wanna see my bank balance later

Comment

Sasguru makes me laugh sometimes, although not always at the times and in the way he intends.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Because you're such an unpopular offensive little turd and nobody likes you I've taken pity on you and bounced your post to the top.

We couldn't have it disappearing without at least one comment, that would be so rude.

Far too kind.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Far too kind.
              I've turned over a new leaf and promised the Moderators that I'm going to be a good boy.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Better than I expected, but the ESEF fund is still too low and will have to be topped up.
                50% Greek default isn't enough, should have been up to 60%. After this haricut they still have a 120% gdp debt ratio and I can't see how they can ever bring this down.
                Meanwhile Italy is making vague noises about austerity and cutting it's 2 trillion euro debt. Yeah right.
                Ireland will run out of cash next year.
                And I've never understood how Spain paid its way (apart from Catalonia which is economically strong).

Meanwhile the unacknowledged elephant in the room is France with no austerity plans in hand at all.

It was a good hard kick of the can down the road, but I'm afraid it will have to picked up again later.
                I'm loving this zerohedge at the minute

Just the math, something Europe is unable to do:

Greece has €350 billion in total debt including about €70 billion in Troika "post-petition" loans; these are untouched.
                Of the €280 billion, roughly €75 billion is held by the ECB: this, like the Troika loans, will be untouched.
                This leaves just ~€200 billion in actual debt to undergo a haircut.
                Apply a 50% haircut to this debt (ignoring the fact that of this about €35 billion is held by Greek pension funds, and once the realization that Greek pensions have been cut in half dawns upon the population, the result will be the biggest riots ever seen in Athens yet).
                Total debt to be cut: just about €100 billion.
                Hence, of the total €350 billion, just €100 billion is eliminated, most of it used to backstop and service Greek pension and retirement obligations
                €250, or the residual, of €350, the original, means 72%, or a 28% haircut.

Greek GDP was €230 billion on December 31, 2010 and declining fast.

And that is how a 50% haircut is "cut" almost in half
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I suppose in your Walter Mittyish way you've convinced yourself everyone loves ya baby?
                  What a deluded twunt.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Somehow I suspect Sarkel and Merkozy are keeping some firepower in reserve instead of doing everything the 'experts' have been calling for because they know that whatever they do there'll be a long line of 'experts' and 'analysts' queuing up to provide their entirely objective opinion that 'it doesn't go far enough'.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X