• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I want a waffle iron/maker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a waffle iron/maker

On holiday recently they were serving these wonderful waffles on which we'd spread a little chocolate and sprinkle some powered sugar on and it was just the best. The kids loved them.

Now I'm keen to get one of these waffle makers at home, but there are a bewildering array of choices. The waffles we had were not the 1" thick ones, but they also weren't stupidly thin & cripsy. They were just right.

Anyone here have a waffle maker that they would recommend?

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    On holiday recently they were serving these wonderful waffles on which we'd spread a little chocolate and sprinkle some powered sugar on and it was just the best. The kids loved them.

Now I'm keen to get one of these waffle makers at home, but there are a bewildering array of choices. The waffles we had were not the 1" thick ones, but they also weren't stupidly thin & cripsy. They were just right.

Anyone here have a waffle maker that they would recommend?
    Can't recommend one but would also like to know if anyone has one.

I'd the best waffles on holiday recently too... really light and delicious. Fab with maple syrup
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Speaking as an 'ex cafe owner', have a look at Nisbets. Avoid any crappy home based stuff.

You can go 'top of the range, pro kit' for about £200.

Waffles rule !!

In fact, have it !! http://www.nisbets.co.uk/products/pr...oductCode=J449
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

It is not the "iron" that matters, it is your recipe for the batter.
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

problem with Kids (and wives) is they change their minds quicker than the wind changes direction!

Fork out £200 for a waffle maker and it might turn out cheaper to fly to Antwerp buy some fresh there and fly back.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Speaking as an 'ex cafe owner', have a look at Nisbets. Avoid any crappy home based stuff.

Waffles rule !!

In fact, have it !! Dualit Waffle Iron - J449 | Dualit Waffle Iron | Waffle Makers | Cooking Machines | Nisbets Next Day Catering Equipment
            Thanks

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
            I suspect the right batter is really important too.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Partially, yes. But your iron musn't cool when you pour mixture on or have inconsistent and patchy heat delivery.

Comment

Waffles rule !!

In fact, have it !! Dualit Waffle Iron - J449 | Dualit Waffle Iron | Waffle Makers | Cooking Machines | Nisbets Next Day Catering Equipment
                That seems a bit pricey for anybody who is only trying out waffles or only has them occasionally.
                You can get a decent one for 30 quid.
                This would probably do as a starter. Black & Decker WMB500 Belgian Waffle Maker
                Just saying like.

Comment

That seems a bit pricey for anybody who is only trying out waffles or only has them occasionally.
                  You can get a decent one for 30 quid.
                  This would probably do as a starter. Black & Decker WMB500 Belgian Waffle Maker
                  At the risk of turning into NLUK, are you sure you're cut out for contracting ?

That is a permie waffle maker, mine is a contractor waffle maker.

Here endeth the lesson

Comment

At the risk of turning into NLUK, are you sure you're cut out for contracting ?

That is a permie waffle maker, mine is a contractor waffle maker.

Here endeth the lesson
                    I was suggesting it as a throw away item. Use it, if you like it buy a decent one sort of thing.

I use a cast iron stove/BBQ top jobbie myself.
                    Just saying like.

Comment

Working...
                    X