• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Occupy Canary Wharf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occupy Canary Wharf

They're here...
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    They're here...
    Piss on them from the battlements!

Comment

They're here...
      You've had plenty of warning to stock up on the champers and photocopied fifty notes for throwing out of the window. Amateur.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

They're all too young to have ever had a job let alone lost one.. It's comical seeing some crusty student type with a microphone with a bunch of others sitting on the ground cross legged listening to him going:

"You know the point of like the um economy yeah.. is for like jobs to be like created.. you know and um.."

I wonder if they'll start pitching tents on the green?
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

They're all too young to have ever had a job let alone lost one..
          I suggest you write an angry letter to the Daily Wail!
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

They're all too young to have ever had a job let alone lost one.. It's comical seeing some crusty student type with a microphone with a bunch of others sitting on the ground cross legged listening to him going:

"You know the point of like the um economy yeah.. is for like jobs to be like created.. you know and um.."

I wonder if they'll start pitching tents on the green?
            They will not last the night, Canary Wharf has it's own security. They will close the area off, they will be gone nobody will see anything.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

So I take it you lot don't think there is anything wrong with the current capitalist system?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                So I take it you lot don't think there is anything wrong with the current capitalist system?
                I have a feeling there are quite a few things wrong with it but if I say so I'll only get called a 'commie' or a 'lefty'. It's the new Godwin, don't you know; as soon as someone suggests that the current economic system needs some kind of change, you barely have to wait 5 minutes before someone starts ranting about how communism failed, as if anyone who's questioning whether things are being done right wants to set up gulags and seize all private property.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  They will not last the night, Canary Wharf has it's own security. They will close the area off, they will be gone nobody will see anything.
                  Yup - they've gone!

Comment

As long as I can choose to work harder, get trained up at my own time/expense then go on and earn what I want I don't care.

If somoene thinks it's 'unfair' that I earn more than them because I chose to do that and they didn't then I don't think the system should redistribute my wealth to them.

I'm perfectly capable of redistributing my wealth to people who actually need it.

Comment

Working...
                    X