• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

insurance by umbrella company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insurance by umbrella company

Hello

Just a few questions to start :

1/ if you are a contractor using an umbrella company : what is your legal status : freelancer or employee ?

2/ They will usually offer insurance : Professional indemnity, Employers liability and Public liability.
    If you get hurt yourself while working (a cut, a fall...whatever that involves only you), what insurance covers you ?
    Can you claim sick pay if you are off work for several months ?

Only helpful answers please

Thanks

Originally posted by krissy View Post
    Hello

Just a few questions to start :

1/ if you are a contractor using an umbrella company : what is your legal status : freelancer or employee ?

2/ They will usually offer insurance : Professional indemnity, Employers liability and Public liability.
    If you get hurt yourself while working (a cut, a fall...whatever that involves only you), what insurance covers you ?
    Can you claim sick pay if you are off work for several months ?

Only helpful answers please

Thanks
    If you are using a UK Umbrella then you are an employee. The Employers liability should cover any injuries to yourself while at work, although there may be exclusions if you are doing a dangerous job for which you wouldn't be covered or would need pay an additional premium yourself to be covered.

You should have access to all statutory entitlements such as SSP, which would need to be supported by "fit notes" from your GP.

Hope that helps...
    No, its not a banana in my pocket

Comment

generic contract from umbrella company

Thank you for the answer.

If I lost my contract and the umbrella company pretends not to have it . Where can I find a generic contract from the same company to look into it ? Otherwise what can I do ?

Comment

Working...
      X