• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gutted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gutted

just lost an ebay auction

how come I never get to buy anything ?

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes

Milan.
    cos you spend too much time posting on here rather than keeping an eye on your auction!
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

people always come in the last half an hour anmd go above my reserve

we have to have limits !

Milan.

Comment

people always come in the last half an hour anmd go above my reserve

we have to have limits !

Milan.
        Ah, now there's your problem...
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Milan.
          Because other people offer more money?

If you bid up to £20, and it went for £25, question is, how much would you have been prepared to pay for it?

Answer = £20; then the other guy wanted it more and that's why he got it.
          Answer = £30; then why didn't you bid that, idiot?

Seems logical to me.....

Comment

Was the winner's name - 'snaw'?

Comment

Benes old boy. Ebay 101.

Never ever ever bid early. Watch the clock and input your bid in the last 30 seconds.
              Bid the maximum you are willing to pay, dont get involved in a bidding war.
              If you lose then take it on the chin, you didnt want it badly enough.
              If I see your bid and decide I will go the extra quid then I will snipe it at the last minute, if I dont see your bid I cant snipe it.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Why don't ebay put a jitter on the clock and wipe out such nonsense?
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  Why don't ebay put a jitter on the clock and wipe out such nonsense?
                  Why indeed, if you did not know when the auction was ending then you couldnt do the last minute bidding. All they need to do is state that the auction is ending within the next 24 hours which will force everyone to bid properly. You would have to be realy keen to catch the start to know exactly when an auction would finish and I am sure they could scupper that too.

The sellers would make more so ebay would make more.

Other tips for beginners.

Always search globally and not in specific categories some numpties put stuff in the wrong place and you get it for a song.
                  Always try some simple spelling differences on the item you want, again numty norman doesnt always enter it right.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by cswd
                    That works - I got a "plam tungesten T" for £47 and resold it with correct spelling for £171!
                    You said you only sold on ebay a couple of posts back! Come on fess up!

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Working...
                    X