• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thatcher - benefits scrounger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thatcher - benefits scrounger

BBC News - Margaret Thatcher claims £535,000 for ex-PM duties

So, how many nurses and teachers have had to be made redundant to fund the senile, evil old witch's dotage?

Makes my p1ss boil.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Is Margaret Thatcher Dead Yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

So, how many nurses and teachers have had to be made redundant to fund the senile, evil old witch's dotage?

Makes my p1ss boil.
      Probably the same number that were required to fund Major, Blair and now Brown and probably soon, Dave...

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Makes my p1ss boil.

She also paid millions of pounds in tax payers money to Denis Thatcher's company Bermah Oil to stop it going under.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Bought a framed portrait of her for my mother's birthday one year.

Couple of weeks later I saw the same picture on sale in Oxfam.

Hurt my feelings somewhat.

Comment

She stole our kids milk and made houses too expensive for, well, me...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              She stole our kids milk and made houses too expensive for, well, me...
              Yeah but she stuck it up the Argies..
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                Yeah but she stuck it up the Argies..
                And the Unions!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  And the Unions!
                  And the Poor!

Then got replaced by

Comment

Thatcher bestrode UK politics like a collosus. In any other era, Neil Kinnock would have been a great leader, prime minister and statesman.

Comment

Working...
                    X