• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family Tensions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Tensions

Just had a very upsetting call from my sister in law regarding my relationship with my little nephew.

Cutting to the Chase, it was his birthday last weeks and my brother has recently lost.his job as a charge hand on a Cornish pasty production line down in Falmouth.

This meant that all the poor little blighter got for a birthday treat was a visit to the remnants of Farmer O' Leakey's "maize maze".

So I fired up the landy, whisked him off to Newquay Airport and took him to Euro Disney. Upon our return, I bought him a Scaletrix, a Rockhopper mountain bike and an XBox 360.

Now the cheeky cow says I've driven a wedge through the family as all little Saul wants to do is hang out with his Uncle Pacha. Some bloody gratitude that is.

The fact of the matter is that I am a very wealthy man and I feel it is my duty to extend my munificence to my kith and kin. Blood is thicker than water after all.

I was planning on taking him to Digger World this weekend followed by an afternoon driving carties at Hale Sands.

She has requested that I stay away as my brother is feeling inadequate. Not really sure how to handle this but I'm tempted to go down anyway, stick a load of lolly, say 2 grand, in an envelope thrust it into his top pocket and tell him to go and fill his boots.

Anyone here been in this delicate predicament before?
    Last edited by pacharan; 27 October 2011, 23:55.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Not that particular one no. But similar family tensions due to my father in law's incontinent sh***ing dog regularly leaving turds on my carpets on Christmas mornings. Thankfully it is now departed.

Families eh, don't you just love them!

Comment

Just had a very upsetting call from my sister in law regarding my relationship with my little nephew.

Cutting to the Chase, it was his birthday last weeks and my brother has recently lost.his job as a charge hand on a Cornish pasty production line down in Falmouth.

This meant that all the poor little blighter got for a birthday treat was a visit to the remnants of Farmer O' Leakey's "maize maze".

So I fired up the landy, whisked him off to Newquay Airport and took him to Euro Disney. Upon our return, I bought him a Scaletrix, a Rockhopper mountain bike and an XBox 360.

Now the cheeky cow says I've driven a wedge through the family as all little Saul wants to do is hang out with his Uncle Pacha. Some bloody gratitude that is.

The fact of the matter is that I am a very wealthy man and I feel it is my duty to extend my munificence to my kith and kin. Blood is thicker than water after all.

I was planning on taking him to Digger World this weekend followed by an afternoon driving carties at Hale Sands.

She has requested that I stay away as my brother is feeling inadequate. Not really sure how to handle this but I'm tempted to go down anyway, stick a load of lolly, say 2 grand, in an envelope thrust it into his top pocket and tell him to go and fill his boots.

Yep, try the tactful way out, check the lottery numbers on Saturday night, bung the equivalent of the 5 number prize in said envelope, stick it in yr Bro's back pocket and tell him to let on he got 5 up on the lottery.

If he pees it up the wall or she turns up in 5 new pairs of gucci shoes, you'll know not to do it again.

Comment

The fact of the matter is that I am a very wealthy man and I feel it is my duty to extend my munificence to my kith and kin.

The fact of the matter is that I am Walter Mitty.

Anyway, is she a little hottie ? Are you trying to do a Ryan Giggs ?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I can't work out whose sockie you are, but this is a slight improvement on the usual dross.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Buy your Sis in Law some new boobs. That'll help take your bros's mind off things

HTH

Pondy

Comment

She has requested that I stay away as my brother is feeling inadequate.
              If it were me, I'd bypass the P.A. and talk directly to my brother.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Astounding, isn't it, how two siblings can have such differing fortunes. Like Esau and Jacob, or AtW and Maria Sharapova.

Is she fit, your sister in law? Any pictures?

Comment

The fact of the matter is that I am a very wealthy man and I don't see any problem rubbing my brothers nose in it.
                  Ftfy but that is how your brother and brother in law are seeing it.
                  Last edited by eek; 28 October 2011, 08:39.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Ftfy but that is how your brother and brother in law are seeing it.
                    Agreed.

OP, from the sounds of it, you're a d**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X