• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU goes begging to China, cap in hand ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU goes begging to China, cap in hand ...

Maybe the Chinese will provide some aid to the poor Europeans

BBC News - Eurozone seeks bailout funds from China

If we need some I guess we can take our begging bowl to India, the country we pillaged and impoverished over centuries?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

He would present the fund's bonds as a potential commercial investment to China, he said, adding that Beijing regularly needed to find safe investments for its trade surpluses.

So they'll be using the same rating agency that rated sub-prime mortgages as AAA to help sell their proposition.

If I was China I'd be offering to buy Europe and lease it back to them, with a clause that all future furnishings must come from my shop.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Maybe the Chinese will provide some aid to the poor Europeans

BBC News - Eurozone seeks bailout funds from China

If we need some I guess we can take our begging bowl to India, the country we pillaged and impoverished over centuries?
      "cap in hand", "pillaged India". The cliches are coming thick and fast today.

We didn't pillage India for centuries - We rescued them from centuries of oppression and conflict by the Mughals, as their present prosperous and democratic state attests.

HTH
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Maybe we can apply to their overseas aid budget for a handout to help our impoverished chavs?

Actually they don't need it - they managed to update from Reebok to Nike during the recent riots.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

We didn't pillage India for centuries - We rescued them from centuries of oppression and conflict by the Mughals, as their present prosperous and democratic state attests.

HTH
          Utter nonsense. While the mughals were no saints, they were as nothing compared to the Raj.
          Indian GDP as a share of world GDP was about 3% in 1947 as opposed to 25% in the 17th century (taking the landmass of the indian subcontinent as an entity).
          Their recent prosperity is entirely due to their own efforts in expanding the puny higher educational system left by the Raj - didn't want the natives getting too uppity you see.
          In his recent empire book, Paxman makes the interesting observation that Empire made us lazy - compare us with the German's who didn't have one e.g.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

In his recent empire book, Paxman makes the interesting observation that Empire made us lazy - compare us with the German's who didn't have one e.g.
            Have the Italians been lazy since the fall of the Roman Empire?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Have the Italians been lazy since the fall of the Roman Empire?
              Indeed they have. And they live with their mums.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Which is the fate of us for the next 1600 years then?

Time to head to a decent country then. Prefrably one in Asia.

Comment

Mama's special meatball sauce, it tastes so good.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Mama's special meatball sauce, it tastes so good.
                    Its just Dolmolio.

Comment

Working...
                    X