• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Au Pair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Au Pair

Ex is leveraging the kids and being a 'woman' to keep most of the assets, and going forward child maintenance and spousal maintenance for life - the numbers are shocking. She has a job btw.

As least I can get out but kids have to put up ... they hate her ... she is nasty and cold but not abusive.

Am reconciled to asset split and child maintenance is no problem. Even giving her my paid off house, and buying another with big mortgage is a price worth paying.

Whats the chances of convincing the divorce court to let me have the kids ... I'm thinking I could employ an au-pair to drop and collect them from school. Then all the boys are happy !

Any experiences of au-pairs ? .... and I don't mean when you were 22 behind a bush !

.... probably a futile exercise given the UK courts !

Originally posted by jeremytaxman View Post
    Ex is leveraging the kids and being a 'woman' to keep most of the assets, and going forward child maintenance and spousal maintenance for life - the numbers are shocking. She has a job btw.

As least I can get out but kids have to put up ... they hate her ... she is nasty and cold but not abusive.

Am reconciled to asset split and child maintenance is no problem. Even giving her my paid off house, and buying another with big mortgage is a price worth paying.

Whats the chances of convincing the divorce court to let me have the kids ... I'm thinking I could employ an au-pair to drop and collect them from school. Then all the boys are happy !

Any experiences of au-pairs ? .... and I don't mean when you were 22 behind a bush !

If your soon to be Ex as a job how does she manage the kids when she is at work, this would be your angle for the courts, she has a job and manages the children so can you, (its a slim chance)

Comment

Am reconciled to asset split and child maintenance is no problem. Even giving her my paid off house, and buying another with big is a price worth paying.

You have certainly come to the right place for objective sensible advice.
      I'll start Latvian girls make very good au pairs
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You're divorcing her, the kids don't like her. Shoot her.

Btw, spill the beans, did you play away or did she?

IANAMGC

You may get a more constructive response from Mumsnet, assuming it's not rag week over there...
        Last edited by Churchill; 28 October 2011, 09:48.

Comment

[QUOTE=Churchill;1417230]You're divorcing her, the kids don't like her. Shoot her.

Btw, spill the beans, did you play away or did she?

IANAMGC

You may get a more constructive response from Mumsnet, assuming it's not rag week over there...[/QUOTE]

Am I being unreasonable

I am a man about to divorce my wife, who is a bitch and the kids hate her. Please abuse me.

I am a man did I mention that.

Yours

OP
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Whats the chances of convincing the divorce court to let me have the kids
            None. You have to persuade your ex-wife to let you have the kids. I got 4 days a week - but it was quite difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              None. You have to persuade your ex-wife to let you have the kids.
              .... easier to thread water !!!

Mumsnet .... "I am a helpless girlie and my husband is a very bad man ... I am so hurt .... I just want to be fair .... how much can I get ...really !!! and can I get more ... I feel better now, still fair because he is still a very bad man"

contractoruk ... more cynicism than good advice, but often true !

Comment

Mumsnet .... "I am a helpless girlie and my husband is a very bad man ... I am so hurt .... I just want to be fair .... how much can I get ...really !!! and can I get more ... I feel better now, still fair because he is still a very bad man"

You've not been on mumsnet have you?
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It is possible. But not easy. I dont feel you have the right attitude so you are better off giving up.

And what do you expect from a contractor website that is primarily inhabited by technologists? Why not go to dadsnet or some other divorce website?

Men make me so angry! Totally f**king useless! No wonder women run circles round us!

Comment

I know of several dads who have won custody, nowdays the wishes of the children make up the majority of the courts weighting. Oh and you could try having her sectioned ?

Comment

Working...
                    X