• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Form 42 - One Week To Go.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 42 - One Week To Go.

I am getting spammed again by the people who formed my company about Form 42:

"Over the last few weeks, we have been e-mailing all the companies who were formed through Companies Made Simple during the period 6th April 2004 to 5th April 2005.

We fully appreciate that you're probably fed up with receiving these e-mails, but we need to make sure that you fulfil your statutory obligation to complete Form 42.

Although there is some confusion as how to best ensure that every company that was formed during the tax year completes the form, it is a requirement of the Inland Revenue even if you have never traded.

The form is due by 6th July and unless you have been advised by a suitably qualified accountant that you don't need to submit this form, (and we suggest you get that advice in writing), you will be liable to a fine of £300 and £60 per day.

To be able to ensure we can collate all the information we receive and get it to the Inland Revenue by the deadline, we will not accept any more submissions after midnight on Tuesday 5th July. In addition, as our workload has increased from all the people who have left their submission to the last minute, the fee will soon increase to £20 plus VAT (many accountants are charging their clients on a time basis).

Companies Made Simple is offering a simple and easy solution and you can find it on our website by clicking here.

Alternatively, if you are happy that this doesn't affect you, and want us to stop e-mailing you, simply reply to that effect and we will take you off our list."

------

Is it all bullcrap or not?

No it's not total crap. Do a few googles and you should discover that you do indeed need to file a Form 42. You don't have to pay them 20 quid to do it though.

Comment

ta

Thanks ASB -- will do this form tonight.

Comment

Re: ta

I found it easily the most incomprehensible form ever. I should allow several nights if I were you.

Comment

deadlines

I got company formed in Oct 04, looks like deadline is longer:

"When is the deadline for providing the information?

Form 42 must be filed by 6th July, if the form was sent to the company in April 2004, if it was not sent in April then it must be filed no later than the 6th September."

I only got shares in my name issued when company was incorporated, hopefully that will be easy track :rolleyes

Comment

Re: deadlines

The problem is knowing which section to fill in cos it ain't English as we know it captain. Don't ask me cos I've forgotten. I probably just filled in bits at random and posted it to the milkman as usual.

Comment

Re: deadlines

See what happens when you ignore the advice of uncle Fiddle (about 7 or 8 months back)

Comment

Working...
              X