PDA

View Full Version : CUK Christmas Shindig

mudskipper
28th October 2011, 17:26
Date: 9 December (Friday)
Place: The Counting House - Cornhill

We've picked a Friday to cater both for those already in London, and for those who want to make the journey in specially.

The Counting House has a good selection of Real Ales, and a decent menu (very good pies).

It will be great if you can make it - sign up below, and I'll reserve us a table.

suityou01
28th October 2011, 17:37
Date: 9 December (Friday)
Place: The Counting House - Cornhill (TBC)

We've picked a Friday to cater both for those already in London, and for those who want to make the journey in specially.

The Counting House has a good selection of Real Ales, and a decent menu (very good pies).

It will be great if you can make it - sign up below, and I'll reserve us a table.

I'll come if you stop calling it a shindig :laugh

mudskipper
28th October 2011, 17:43

What's wrong with shindig? Would you prefer a shin kick?

NickFitz
28th October 2011, 17:58
I can't absolutely-100%-guarantee that I'll be there, but I hope I will :)

Old Greg
28th October 2011, 18:00
I'll come if you keep calling it a shindig.

Old Greg
28th October 2011, 18:11
Edit: Stupid Internet.

mudskipper
28th October 2011, 18:17
I'll come if you keep calling it a shindig.

Appropriate tag added. Are you bringing AndyW's mum?

mudskipper
28th October 2011, 18:18
I can't absolutely-100%-guarantee that I'll be there, but I hope I will :)

:yay: (I'll save up my javascript questions)

Halo Jones
29th October 2011, 14:38
What time will peeps arrive?

mudskipper
29th October 2011, 15:13
Depends whether I get an extension or not. If working, probably won't make it till 6:30ish. Guessing the London people will get there earlier. Will be great to see you again if you can make it.

cojak
29th October 2011, 15:26
I'll be there around 6-ish I think.

SimonMac
29th October 2011, 18:43
If I'm not still benched I will be there

norrahe
31st October 2011, 08:27
Have one for me, I'll be there in spirit :D

cojak
31st October 2011, 11:32
We will! :happy

Scrag Meister
31st October 2011, 11:45
Have six for me, I'll be there in spirit :D

FTFY

administrator
31st October 2011, 14:50
Awwww bugger, got another Xmas do booked for that evening - was hoping to make it down this year as well :bang:

TheFaQQer
31st October 2011, 14:52
Awwww bugger, got another Xmas do booked for that evening - was hoping to make it down this year as well :bang:

Don't you say that every year???

administrator
31st October 2011, 15:41
Am only in Piccadilly so not too far away. At least I made it to the mods party :D

MarillionFan
31st October 2011, 15:59

Put £500 behind the bar and we'll have a toast on your behalf.

Am only in Piccadilly so not too far away. At least I made it to the mods party :D

I didn't :-(

mudskipper
31st October 2011, 19:53

Pop in for a swift half. Any decent contractor should be able to manage two gigs at once.

mudskipper
14th November 2011, 18:50
Counting house fully booked on 9th. Anyone got another suggestions, or shall we take our chances? I guess if some people can get there earlyish and grab a table it should work.

SimonMac
15th November 2011, 12:35
Will it still be roughly that area? As the hotel I normally book into when in London is just round the corner on Gracechurch Street

MarillionFan
15th November 2011, 12:48
Will it still be roughly that area? As the hotel I normally book into when in London is just round the corner on Gracechurch Street

What hotel and how much?

SimonMac
15th November 2011, 13:01
Club Quarters - London, Gracechurch (http://www.clubquarters.com/loc_londonGracechurch.php)

£100

Zippy
15th November 2011, 15:12
Get there early I suppose. Probably can't make it before 6ish though

norrahe
15th November 2011, 15:36
With that pub in December, on a Friday, I recommend getting there well early.

MarillionFan
15th November 2011, 17:06
With that pub in December, on a Friday, I recommend getting there well early.

I'll be there on Thursday.

Bunk
15th November 2011, 17:11
A friend of mine runs a pub in London Bridge. I'm sure he could reserve us a table if we want. They serve a couple of real ales, 100 odd single malts (and champagne if RH is there).

Zippy
15th November 2011, 18:20
A friend of mine runs a pub in London Bridge. I'm sure he could reserve us a table if we want. They serve a couple of real ales, 100 odd single malts (and champagne if RH is there).

Sounds good if it's near the bridge. It makes it a bit easier for the three of us to get there :rolleyes:

cojak
15th November 2011, 22:41
I can manage that.

mudskipper
16th November 2011, 07:07

Sounds good - if he can reserve us a table, let's change the venue. Does it do food?

mudskipper
16th November 2011, 07:12
Club Quarters - London, Gracechurch (http://www.clubquarters.com/loc_londonGracechurch.php)

£100

Not too far from London Bridge - we'll stick to that general area.

Edit: Although if RH comes along, you could end up anywhere...!

norrahe
16th November 2011, 09:25

:frown

SimonMac
16th November 2011, 10:44
Not too far from London Bridge - we'll stick to that general area.

Edit: Although if RH comes along, you could end up anywhere...!

I'll bring my passport then

TheFaQQer
16th November 2011, 11:10
I'll bring my passport then

That year when we ended up in Montreal was a blast!

Bunk
16th November 2011, 14:02
Sounds good - if he can reserve us a table, let's change the venue. Does it do food?

Yep, kitchen's open till 10. I'll see if he's got space for us on the 9th. What do we reckon the numbers will be? Around 10 give or take?

Zippy
16th November 2011, 14:16
Yep, kitchen's open till 10. I'll see if he's got space for us on the 9th. What do we reckon the numbers will be? Around 10 give or take?

That's usually about right.

MarillionFan
16th November 2011, 14:25

Can we have the name of the place 1st? Just in case?

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/756.$plit/C_71_article_1120099_image_list_image_list_item_0_ image.jpg?10%2F06%2F2009%2018%3A19%3A09%3A917

TheFaQQer
16th November 2011, 14:53
Yep, kitchen's open till 10. I'll see if he's got space for us on the 9th. What do we reckon the numbers will be? Around 3 give or take?

FTFY.

Although with Norr away, it could be just you and Zip

Zippy
16th November 2011, 16:15
FTFY.

Depends if all the sockies turn up ...

MarillionFan
16th November 2011, 16:52
Depends if all the sockies turn up ...

This one is far enough ahead for me to plan to come up.

mudskipper
16th November 2011, 18:21

£100

£89 - looks good, might think about staying up.

Zippy
16th November 2011, 18:56

Based on the last piss-up you might want to think about booking somewhere near London Zoo :wink

SimonMac
16th November 2011, 19:27

Well I am booked in there, its actually adjoined to a Yates/Wetherspoon type of pub so a few pre shindig drinks

(They have a nice bonus that if you book it now they don't take payment and you can cancel with no penalties the day before you are due to check in)

Bunk
17th November 2011, 00:43
Can we have the name of the place 1st? Just in case?

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/756.$plit/C_71_article_1120099_image_list_image_list_item_0_ image.jpg?10%2F06%2F2009%2018%3A19%3A09%3A917

Of course, it's The Britannia (http://g.co/maps/wtt3s). 5 minutes walk from either London Bridge or Borough stations. It's a fairly small pub, much smaller than the Counting House but it's friendly and we'll be able to get served much easier than most pubs in the City at that time of year. Let me know what folks think.

Zippy
17th November 2011, 09:27
Of course, it's The Britannia (http://g.co/maps/wtt3s). 5 minutes walk from either London Bridge or Borough stations. It's a fairly small pub, much smaller than the Counting House but it's friendly and we'll be able to get served much easier than most pubs in the City at that time of year. Let me know what folks think.

It sounds perfect. Beer, food and service :D

norrahe
17th November 2011, 11:59
This one is far enough ahead for me to plan to come up.

Before you cancel at the last minute beacuse of a "sledge delivery crisis" :eyes

MrRobin
17th November 2011, 19:35
Alrighty, I reckon I can make this for a couple of swift ones... Never met any of you lot before though so how do I know how to recognise you?

TheFaQQer
17th November 2011, 19:41
Alrighty, I reckon I can make this for a couple of swift ones... Never met any of you lot before though so how do I know how to recognise you?

Oh, you'll recognize them all right!

Just walk round with a vacant look on your face, asking everyone in sight if they lick the chutney spoon and put it back / belong to CUK. Eventually, they'll take pity on you and identify themselves.

That's what they did with me, anyway.

MarillionFan
17th November 2011, 20:06
Oh, you'll recognize them all right!

Just walk round with a vacant look on your face, asking everyone in sight if they lick the chutney spoon and put it back / belong to CUK. Eventually, they'll take pity on you and identify themselves.

That's what they did with me, anyway.

The I Love CUK t-shirt was a giveaway as well.

MrRobin
17th November 2011, 20:15
OK then, 'chutney spoon' are the secret words... If I reach you lot with popadoms and onion salad then I'll consider it a bonus.

SimonMac
17th November 2011, 20:41

Contractors should be easy to spot

http://www.regista-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/loadsamoney2.jpg

Dunno about how to identify the permies

MarillionFan
17th November 2011, 20:57
Contractors should be easy to spot

http://www.regista-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/loadsamoney2.jpg

Almost true, apart from Suity.

http://www.worldofdiets.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/cartoon-of-man-with-empty-pockets.jpg

SimonMac
17th November 2011, 21:13
Almost true, apart from Suity.

http://www.adzuna.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/blog-sicknote.jpg

FTFY

Zippy
17th November 2011, 23:08
OK then, 'chutney spoon' are the secret words... If I reach you lot with popadoms and onion salad then I'll consider it a bonus.

I think you need to be looking for a table full of gurning cretins. :wink
We are not that hard to spot realy. Just look for table that nobody is standing next to - think of a drop of penicillin in a bacterial culture. And somebody waving a bunch of used £20 notes.

(Seriously - we can swap mobile nos nearer the time, if you are concerned)

MarillionFan
17th November 2011, 23:28
http://www.cmukgb.org/images/people/scrapbook_0000/forefathers.jpg

That's enough of your 21st lightship. What does a CUK meet look like?

mudskipper
23rd November 2011, 07:19
Did you speak to your friend Bunk? Do we have a venue?

norrahe
23rd November 2011, 08:35
FTFY.

Am tempted to come over for the evening :D

Bunk
23rd November 2011, 13:47
Did you speak to your friend Bunk? Do we have a venue?

Afraid not. I didn't get much interest so I didn't book it. I just texted him but he's fully booked now. Back to the drawing board :(

mudskipper
23rd November 2011, 14:14
Afraid not. I didn't get much interest so I didn't book it. I just texted him but he's fully booked now. Back to the drawing board :(

OK -let's stick with the counting house. If anyone is in the area before the 9th, can you go in and see if you can persuade them to save us a table?

norrahe
23rd November 2011, 14:23
OK -let's stick with the counting house. If anyone is in the area before the 9th, can you go in and see if you can persuade them to save us a table?

Try and ring them again and see if you can reserve a table for food that evening as they probably got the wrong end of the stick originally and thought you were trying to book a room.

mudskipper
23rd November 2011, 16:58
Hurrah for Zippy! She's booked us a table at the Counting House. :cheers:

Now - shall we do a Secret Santa??

russell
23rd November 2011, 17:02
Maybe we could have a night out in Glasgow?

:igmc:

Zippy
23rd November 2011, 18:19

Risky ... but I'm game if everyone else is up for a bit of sillyness

MarillionFan
23rd November 2011, 18:30
Risky ... but I'm game if everyone else is up for a bit of sillyness

Do you know who you have to buy for? Alternatively. Everyone give me a tenner and I'll see what's in my garage.:glasses

mudskipper
23rd November 2011, 20:24
Do you know who you have to buy for? Alternatively. Everyone give me a tenner and I'll see what's in my garage.:glasses

I think buying for a particular person is risky - only needs one not to turn up and you're stuffed. Shall we say a fiver-ish - unisex pressie if possible, wrap it up, must be smaller than a sledge?

Taking part not compulsory - don't want to put anyone off coming, but should be a laugh if most people join in.

Zippy
23rd November 2011, 20:40
I think buying for a particular person is risky - only needs one not to turn up and you're stuffed. Shall we say a fiver-ish - unisex pressie if possible, wrap it up, must be smaller than a sledge?

Taking part not compulsory - don't want to put anyone off coming, but should be a laugh if most people join in.

We just wait till everyone is totally trollied, stick the names of those who have brought a pressie/want to take part in a hat and Andyw's uncle is your date! At least me and k2p2 will get something amusing and inexpensive. :D

A fiver-ish sounds about right. (remember to keep the receipt)

MarillionFan
23rd November 2011, 20:45
We just wait till everyone is totally trollied, stick the names of those who have brought a pressie/want to take part in a hat and Andyw's uncle is your date! At least me and k2p2 will get something amusing and inexpensive. :D

A fiver-ish sounds about right. (remember to keep the receipt)

Lets not beat around the bush here. Just give me the fiver each and I'll turn up with the gifts already. Everyones a winner.:D

Have also been informed by Mrs MF that she's going to her mothers with the kids that weekend. Double result. So I may as well stay in London on Saturday as well.:D:D

SimonMac
23rd November 2011, 20:49

:banana:

I'm up for a bit of Secret Santa, do we know who is actually coming?

mudskipper
23rd November 2011, 20:50
Lets not beat around the bush here. Just give me the fiver each and I'll turn up with the gifts already. Everyones a winner.:D

Then when you don't turn up, no-one gets anything. But feel free to bring some 'spares' for those who didn't quite get round to it.

mudskipper
23rd November 2011, 20:53

I'm up for a bit of Secret Santa, do we know who is actually coming?

We know who's said they're coming (see poll, and read thread to allow for those who couldn't quite master the voting system). Who actually makes it is another matter....

SimonMac
23rd November 2011, 20:58
Well I got my hotel booked and am too cheap to cancel it losing money :laugh

Zippy
23rd November 2011, 20:59
We know who's said they're coming (see poll, and read thread to allow for those who couldn't quite master the voting system). Who actually makes it is another matter....

WSS. The way it usually works is that about half those who say they are going to turn up don't (I'm looking at you MF-oh and me :emb) but the bonus prize is that new people do. The upshot is we end up with roughly the same number of people.
Anyway, IT bods and beer - what could possibly go wrong?

MarillionFan
23rd November 2011, 21:08
WSS. The way it usually works is that about half those who say they are going to turn up don't (I'm looking at you MF-oh and me :emb) but the bonus prize is that new people do. The upshot is we end up with roughly the same number of people.

No I'm coming.

I haven't booked a hotel but I have a mate who has who I can top and tail with(I say mate, more of an acquaintance really, well when I say acquaintance, I mean bloke who posts anonymously on an internet forum but you get the drift and if he doesn't want to share I always have some Rhyponol).

Bunk
23rd November 2011, 23:28

Nothing at all. I'll bring my Stringfellows membership and a few grams. It'll all be fine.

SimonMac
23rd November 2011, 23:39
No I'm coming.

I haven't booked a hotel but I have a mate who has who I can top and tail with(I say mate, more of an acquaintance really, well when I say acquaintance, I mean bloke who posts anonymously on an internet forum but you get the drift and if he doesn't want to share I always have some Rhyponol).

You had me at Rohypnol ;)

mudskipper
24th November 2011, 08:06
No I'm coming.

Yeah - 'cause SimonMac's real name is Julie.

alreadypacked
24th November 2011, 12:21
Have a good time you lot, I can't come :frown

Maybe next year.

SimonMac
25th November 2011, 12:26
Any movement on location? I won't be getting there until about 6ish so will be useless trying to reserves us a table

MarillionFan
25th November 2011, 12:33
Any movement on location? I won't be getting there until about 6ish so will be useless trying to reserves us a table

I wouldn't worry about a table if I turn up. I'll just move some people.

cojak
25th November 2011, 12:40
KUATB

doodab
25th November 2011, 12:41
I might come as I will be in the vicinity.

SimonMac
25th November 2011, 12:45
KUATB

Oooops, I even commented on it first time round :laugh

Bunk
25th November 2011, 13:14
I wouldn't worry about a table if I turn up. I'll just move some people.

You mean no one else will be able to fit around it, Tubby?

mudskipper
26th November 2011, 11:06

Excellent - should be a good evening!

Zippy
26th November 2011, 18:47

Excellent - should be a good evening!

Absolutely. These dos are always a laugh.

Scrag Meister
29th November 2011, 10:49
Evening is booked in the household schedule, see you there.

Well done Zippy. :banana:

Won't be in the Secret Santa, will a box of Ferrero Roche do? Mmmmmmm :D

TheFaQQer
29th November 2011, 11:21
Secret Santa should be made up of whatever you can swipe from ClientCo.

Adds an extra challenge (and an incentive for the benched ones to get a job!)

MarillionFan
29th November 2011, 13:28
Secret Santa should be made up of whatever you can swipe from ClientCo.

Adds an extra challenge (and an incentive for the benched ones to get a job!)

Nick Fitz = Happy meal toy
Simon Mac = piece of scrap paper
Zippy = Pink pen with a fluffy top
Norrahe = Handwritten complaint note to the canteen
The Faqqer = Photocopier.

Mmmmm.

SimonMac
29th November 2011, 15:27
Norrahe = Handwritten complaint note to the canteen
The Faqqer = Photocopier.

Mmmmm.

What about you? What you gonna swipe from ClientCo?

MarillionFan
29th November 2011, 16:59
What about you? What you gonna swipe from ClientCo?

The Vietnamese cleaner.

No-one will miss her, I'll say immigration came looking.

SimonMac
29th November 2011, 17:18
The Vietnamese cleaner.

No-one will miss her, I'll say immigration came looking.

I'll bring the Ping Pong balls

MarillionFan
29th November 2011, 17:33
I'll bring the Ping Pong balls

I said Vietnamese. Don't be so racist. Vietnamese girls don't do dirty things like that. Now the Thais!

SimonMac
29th November 2011, 21:16
OK then I will bring Gary Glitter

MarillionFan
29th November 2011, 21:31
OK then I will bring Gary Glitter

Why? Can Wilmslow not make it.

norrahe
30th November 2011, 08:42
Norrahe = Handwritten complaint note to the canteenThe Faqqer = Photocopier.

Mmmmm.

So you've been the the canteen here then? :laugh

BoredBloke
30th November 2011, 17:22
Can't do Fridays as the wife won't let me play out down here on Fridays. She says I have to be home with her. i've even tried getting a note from my mum saying that I am allowed to play out with the other big kids but she won't have it.

Zippy
30th November 2011, 18:12
Can't do Fridays as the wife won't let me play out down here on Fridays. She says I have to be home with her. i've even tried getting a note from my mum saying that I am allowed to play out with the other big kids but she won't have it.

Women eh? :eyes

MarillionFan
30th November 2011, 19:04

Now that's a new one on me Tina? How did you change your name???

Feck it I want to change mine as well. Mmmmmm. Marillionfan to Gods Gift sounds good to me.

SimonMac
30th November 2011, 19:47

Send her instead, by the sounds of it MF and I will probably have more fun

mudskipper
30th November 2011, 21:59
Now that's a new one on me Tina? How did you change your name???

Feck it I want to change mine as well. Mmmmmm. Marillionfan to Gods Gift sounds good to me.

You could change yours to TonyEnglish. Then DimPrawn could change his to MarillionFan. Then MaryPoppins could change hers to DimPrawn. Then AtW could change his to MaryPoppins. Then cojak could change hers to AtW. Then Suity could change his to cojak. Then ...

(I'm bored now)

norrahe
1st December 2011, 12:34
You could change yours to TonyEnglish. Then DimPrawn could change his to MarillionFan. Then MaryPoppins could change hers to DimPrawn. Then AtW could change his to MaryPoppins. Then cojak could change hers to AtW. Then Suity could change his to cojak. Then ...

(I'm bored now)

You could change yours to Zeitghost (he says bored now all the time). :D

Bunk
3rd December 2011, 11:58
Bump!

Anymore takers? This time next week I'll be crawling out of bed, hopefully still in this country, and going in search of some Irn Bru and bacon to ease the champagne hangover :o

cojak
3rd December 2011, 12:13
Even if it's only you and me it will still be a good evening Bunk! :laugh

MarillionFan
3rd December 2011, 12:16
Bump!

Anymore takers? This time next week I'll be crawling out of bed, hopefully still in this country, and going in search of some Irn Bru and bacon to ease the champagne hangover :o

Wow. Really.

I would have been out for a run, hit the gym, swam a couple of miles, had my muesli, written a new application and sold a dozen sledges with a union jack on to passing tourists.

No get up and go with people these days.

Zippy
3rd December 2011, 12:43
Bump!

The beer scooter is fuelled up and ready to go :D

mudskipper
3rd December 2011, 13:18
I'm still in - don't forget Secret Santa!

Bunk
3rd December 2011, 13:37
Wow. Really.

I would have been out for a run, hit the gym, swam a couple of miles, had my muesli, written a new application and sold a dozen sledges with a union jack on to passing tourists.

No get up and go with people these days.

Yes, but I was talking about after I'd woken up :eyes

suityou01
5th December 2011, 16:14
Even if it's only you and me it will still be a good evening Bunk! :laugh

I didn't even know this was on until SimonMac invited me. :rolleyes:

Be sure to thank him. :D

bobspud
5th December 2011, 17:50
Count me in :igmc:

mudskipper
5th December 2011, 17:54

I didn't even know this was on until SimonMac invited me. :rolleyes:

:tumble:

norrahe
5th December 2011, 19:09
:tumble:

You're in for a good night, make sure suity doesn't start inviting homeless people again :eyes

cojak
5th December 2011, 20:53
You're in for a good night, make sure suity doesn't start inviting homeless people again :eyes

He'll be on his own if he does....

MarillionFan
5th December 2011, 20:59
Bollocks.

Just realised I've got Choir practice on the 9th.

Going to have to swerve.

Damn.

Bunk
5th December 2011, 21:18
Bollocks.

Going to have to swerve.

Damn.

Really? Oh what a shame :(

It's alright folks, it's going to be a good one!

Oh, you're still here MF. Sorry, I thought you'd gone.

Awkward :emb

MarillionFan
5th December 2011, 21:46

:ind

Still here.

Scrag Meister
6th December 2011, 09:37
Bollocks.

Going to have to swerve.

Damn.

Again.... Yawn!!

I hope you're more reliable turning up to your contract than you are turning up to CUK drinks. :tongue

Yet another, "I'll be there.... Oh no I won't"

MarillionFan
6th December 2011, 17:43
Again.... Yawn!!

I hope you're more reliable turning up to your contract than you are turning up to CUK drinks. :tongue

Yet another, "I'll be there.... Oh no I won't"

Definitely not coming.

MarillionFan
7th December 2011, 19:38
Where's Cannon street in relation to this pub?

SimonMac
7th December 2011, 22:29
Where's Cannon street in relation to this pub?

London Cannon Street Rail Station to Counting House - Google Maps (http://g.co/maps/7qp6c)

Zippy
8th December 2011, 09:54
London Cannon Street Rail Station to Counting House - Google Maps (http://g.co/maps/7qp6c)

He's teasing you, you know. I hope you won't be too disappointed tomorrow.

mudskipper
8th December 2011, 10:50

London Cannon Street Rail Station to Counting House - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Cannon+Street+station,+Cannon+Street,+L ondon&daddr=Counting+House,+Saint+Vincent+Place,+Glasgow&hl=en&ll=53.683695,-2.175293&spn=6.613781,21.643066&sll=53.683695,-2.988281&sspn=6.613781,21.643066&geocode=FUIAEgMddp_-_yHI_CTYIvS5JQ%3BFcVfVAMdMSC__yF6fpOBoZBeLQ&vpsrc=0&mra=ltm&t=m&z=6)

Don't forget Secret Santa!

cojak
8th December 2011, 10:52
Secret Santa sorted...

mudskipper
8th December 2011, 10:53
Secret Santa sorted...

:yay:

Mine's sitting on the table next to me awaiting wrapping.

SimonMac
8th December 2011, 11:33
London Cannon Street Rail Station to Counting House - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Cannon+Street+station,+Cannon+Street,+L ondon&daddr=Counting+House,+Saint+Vincent+Place,+Glasgow&hl=en&ll=53.683695,-2.175293&spn=6.613781,21.643066&sll=53.683695,-2.988281&sspn=6.613781,21.643066&geocode=FUIAEgMddp_-_yHI_CTYIvS5JQ%3BFcVfVAMdMSC__yF6fpOBoZBeLQ&vpsrc=0&mra=ltm&t=m&z=6)

Don't forget Secret Santa!

Is sending me to Scotland your way of saying I'm no longer welcome :o(

MarillionFan
8th December 2011, 12:12
Can someone tell me where London is please?

mudskipper
8th December 2011, 12:20

It's about 30 miles from Glencoe - I assume from your 'Location' that's where you're coming from?

Google Maps - Glencoe to London (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Glencoe,+Ontario,+Canada&daddr=London,+ON,+Canada&hl=en&sll=42.976521,-81.243896&sspn=2.041628,5.410767&geocode=FSdCjAIdcjgh-ynXOnuJbKUviDEWpLD7EKispQ%3BFUbQjwIdRkgo-ykLm42oDvIuiDGVawWaadfHKA&vpsrc=0&gl=uk&mra=ls&t=m&z=10)

Don't forget Secret Santa.

mudskipper
8th December 2011, 12:27
Is sending me to Scotland your way of saying I'm no longer welcome :o(

Not at all - just a warning of what could happen if RealityHack puts in an appearance and starts ordering champagne.

Don't forget Secret Santa.

norrahe
8th December 2011, 15:42
Have fun

mudskipper
8th December 2011, 16:39
Have fun

Aw, shame you can't join us. :(

SimonMac
8th December 2011, 19:35

Head South until they speak funny, its stops snowing and people are generally ignorant Russells

norrahe
8th December 2011, 20:27
Aw, shame you can't join us. :(

Can someone have a discovery and a honeydew for me please? :D

MarillionFan
8th December 2011, 20:31
Head South until they speak funny, its stops snowing and people are generally ignorant Russells

Is that anywhere near England?

mudskipper
8th December 2011, 21:46
Is that anywhere near England?

If you get your mum to drop you at Fleet station at 5pm, I'll hold your hand and make sure you get to the pub.
Wear your Marillion T-shirt so we don't lose you.

NickFitz
9th December 2011, 01:33
A bit last minute, but I've got things sorted and will be there in all my refulgent splendour, such as it is :)

Probably won't be arriving until about 7 though. I daresay the City of London TSG will have dragged you all out and hospitalised you by then :rolleyes:

mudskipper
9th December 2011, 06:21
Excellent - I'll be 7ish too.

Zippy
9th December 2011, 06:53
The table should be in the name of CUK (but we shouldn't be hard to find). I reckon I'll be there about 6-ish.

MarillionFan
9th December 2011, 10:39
There;s no-one here????

Bunk
9th December 2011, 10:57
A bit last minute, but I've got things sorted and will be there in all my refulgent splendour, such as it is :)

Probably won't be arriving until about 7 though. I daresay the City of London TSG will have dragged you all out and hospitalised you by then :rolleyes:

:yay:

Bunk
9th December 2011, 10:59
There;s no-one here????

Of course not, the sun's not over the yard arm yet :eyes

Zippy
9th December 2011, 11:34

Who needs the TSG? :D

cojak
9th December 2011, 12:08
Can someone have a discovery and a honeydew for me please? :D

<adds to list> :D

norrahe
9th December 2011, 13:21
<adds to list> :D

*hic*

Scrag Meister
9th December 2011, 16:58
What time is everyone getting there?

I'm nearly ready for the end of the week. :D

Zippy
9th December 2011, 17:07
I should be there by 6

cojak
9th December 2011, 17:52
Right , we're in the Club Room, ground floor at the back. We've got the table set for ordinary pub grub.

Doodab and Zip are here.

I like it! :D

norrahe
9th December 2011, 17:53
Have fun, I'll be there in spirits, fizz, and whatever else I'll end up drinking next :D

Bunk
9th December 2011, 18:21
Just jumped on the DLR. Be there soon.

Gonzo
9th December 2011, 19:50
Have a great time!

NickFitz
9th December 2011, 20:32
Massive holdup due to something or other on the M25. Now on my way into central London at last - see you in about forty minutes :)

MrRobin
9th December 2011, 20:42
We're waiting for ya!

suityou01
9th December 2011, 20:58
We're waiting for ya!

Where are you all? Owlhoot said he couldn't find anyone there. :(

OwlHoot
9th December 2011, 21:05
Where are you all? Owlhoot said he couldn't find anyone there. :(

I looked in all the rooms I could find. Sounds like they're in some underground bunker. :rolleyes:

mudskipper
9th December 2011, 22:09
I looked in all the rooms I could find. Sounds like they're in some underground bunker. :rolleyes:
Did you find them? Right at the back of the pub, little room on the right. (I'm on my way home...)

Bunk
9th December 2011, 23:43
Really? Oh what a shame :(

Oops :emb

MF did show up, and it was still a good night. Nice to meet you :D

Zippy
10th December 2011, 00:28
Breaking news - MF is nice :eek: Nah, I'm just pissed.

Lovely to meet you all :hug:

mudskipper
10th December 2011, 06:40
Breaking news - MF is nice :eek: Nah, I'm just pissed.

Lovely to meet you all :hug:

Yeah - but I got a bit scared when he threatened to punch the barman. Bit OTT if you ask me. Dunno what he was on.

Nice to see everyone - good food, good beer, good company - and great Secret Santa! :)

norrahe
10th December 2011, 09:18
Yeah - but I got a bit scared when he threatened to punch the barman. Bit OTT if you ask me. Dunno what he was on.

Nice to see everyone - good food, good beer, good company - and great Secret Santa! :)

Sound like I missed a good night.

And the opportunity to miss the elusive MF

MarillionFan
10th December 2011, 10:13
Sound like I missed a good night.

And the opportunity to miss the elusive MF

Norrahe never turns up. ;-)

I was hoping for some cooking tips. :wink

norrahe
10th December 2011, 17:47
Norrahe never turns up. ;-)

I was hoping for some cooking tips. :wink

well I had a feeling you were coming so I left the country :eyes

Scrag Meister
12th December 2011, 08:20
Thanks for was fun on Friday.

News faces and old.

norrahe
12th December 2011, 08:49
So who turned up in the end?

Scrag Meister
12th December 2011, 09:10
Doodab, Cojak, K2P2, Bunk, MF, Zippy, Mr Robin, NickFitz, and yours truly.