• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU bailout explained

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU bailout explained

Euro bailout - an animated explanation | Business | guardian.co.uk

Another:

EU: Treaty of debt (ESM) - stop it now! - YouTube!

Comment

So true.

So if China won't buy Europe who will?

Maybe the aliens.

What if there are no aliens.

Then we are screwed.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Got to be a hoax.
        Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

It's surprising that the europhiles on here couldn't see this coming years ago.

Comment

I don't mean to brag or anything but I saw this coming back in 1991 with Britain's attempted entry into the Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM) - remember how successful that was ??!?

I realized all those years ago that there was a push to get into Europe (economically) but I knew back then that would have been a terrible mistake (me travelling extensively to Europe and observing this) - there were some countries that were poor in output per worker and poor in technological advancements, I saw the freeloading lifestyles that people had over there e.g. old ladies hat had never worked or married but were legally claiming their dead father's military pension etc., people retiring at 40 and living off the state etc. Countries trying to get into the European Community to grab money for their 'oh so needed projects'. A big mistake for Britain to join Europe in any capacity. I think Britain should pull out totally.
            Last edited by sbakoola; 30 October 2011, 09:02.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
              I don't mean to brag or anything but I saw this coming back in 1991 with Britain's attempted entry into the Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM) - remember how successful that was ??!?
              I remember the struggles to shadow the deutschemark. That was when I realised that the euro would be a crock of shite for independent nations with different economies.

It was also when I realised that any politician must be thick as pig-shit if they still advocated it afterwards (stand up Ken Clarke, Tony Blair and any LibDem you'd care to mention).

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                any politician must be thick as pig-shit if they still advocated it afterwards

Aren't they just puppets on a string? I expect there's an equivalent to the USA lobbyist system where money and influence gets results.

After all they can't be expected to know their role to any intellegible degree. They aren't qualified economists, doctors, or anything other than politicians. Hence why they can shuffle the cabinet everytime someone cocks up.

Supposedly they have an army of civil servants who guide them, regardless of who's in power. i.e. you can change the colour of the team in charge but the advice and recommendations may be the same.
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 10 June 2022, 16:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
                    I'll sum up the EU bailout in five words...

"Throwing good money after bad."
                    Sounds that way to me as well!

Comment

Working...
                    X