• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Audi Q5, anyone driving. Opinions?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audi Q5, anyone driving. Opinions?

Went to the Audi garage at the weekend to see if we could manage to get a test drive on a Q5, no luck non available.

Am looking at the 3l TDi, anyone else driving one of these?

And no Milan I don't want an f'ing Passat.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Went to the Audi garage at the weekend to see if we could manage to get a test drive on a Q5, no luck non available.

Am looking at the 3l TDi, anyone else driving one of these?

There must be a 370Z with your name on it out there somewhere Scrag
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

We test drove the Q5 & 7 before we bought our Discovery3. The Q7 really felt it's weight and the rear seats were too small to call it a 7 seater, The Q5 was just too small for the hassle of owning a chelsea tractor. It really depends on what it is you want from the car. From my point of view it didn't really give you any hight advantage in the drivers seat and didn't give me the space for two large dogs in the boot...

The 3 litre TDI is a fantastic engine in the estates though.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        There must be a Nissan GTR with your name on it out there somewhere Scrag
        FTFY, and I am sure you are right, but experience over the past couple of years shows that a car of this ilk doesn't get enough use living in London.

We are planning to sell/px the 350Z and the Punto and have one car.

I'm sure a 3.0 diesel in the Q5 can provide both a bit of zing and the practicality that we currently need in the city.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Off topic, but...

I saw a Passat last week in the car park at Disneyland with a pseudo-personalised number plate, i.e. one where the numbers and letters could, in a certain light, with a squint, look like a word.

It was personalized to "look" like it read PASSAT. WTF????
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Range Rover Evoque looks good. Bit of a wait for one at the moment though.

Had the proper Range Rover before. Nice bit of kit, just make sure you're in the RAC though....

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
              Range Rover Evoque looks good. Bit of a wait for one at the moment though.

Had the proper Range Rover before. Nice bit of kit, just make sure you're in the RAC though....
              I've had 3 Range Rovers and 1 RR Sport, never had a problem with any of 'em.

You must've been unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                I've had 3 Range Rovers and 1 RR Sport, never had a problem with any of 'em.

You must've been unlucky.
                Unlucky is my middle name when it comes to cars.

Always cooling problems with my last RR, radiator bust, pipe split etc and an air suspension fault too (looked like a drag car)

You get to know your local RAC man on first name terms, and send him a card each Cheristmas

Comment

I'm sure a 3.0 diesel in the Q5 can provide both a bit of zing and the practicality that we currently need in the city.
                  For in town driving I would have thought you could do better with any AUDI/BWM/Mercedes/Saab estate. I'd even be tempted to add VW Pissat to that list!

Comment

Working...
                  X