• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear Deidre marriage and kids don't interest me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Deidre marriage and kids don't interest me

Just wondered if anyone when they were in the mid 30's still was not interested in marriage or kids, and if that was the case did that ever change ?

In my 20's even late 20's I wasn't interested in marriage kids net result split with girlfriend of 8 years, thought it was just a phase and I would grow into the marriage / kids thing. Now mid / late 30's I'm still not feeling the marriage and kids thing and looks like my current relationship of a few years may go the same way as the previous. I'm pretty selfish and just like doing my own things, when I want, I enjoy having no commitments is that wrong ?

Starting to think may be I'm just not the type for marriage and kids ever or is it just because I've not met the one ?

Dear Deidrie,

I was watching my next door neighbour's daughter sunbathing topless in their back garden. As I stood at our upstairs window knocking one out, I became aware that my wife was standing behind me, just watching me. Do you think she could be some kind of pervert ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

There are more than enough unwanted kids in the world, if your not interested why bring them into the world, if you don't want them don't have them just to fit in

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        Dear Deidrie,

I was watching my next door neighbour's daughter sunbathing topless in their back garden. As I stood at our upstairs window knocking one out, I became aware that my wife was standing behind me, just watching me. Do you think she could be some kind of pervert ?
        You can live in hope

Comment

I think it should be mandatory that a large number of the people on here should be banned from having kids, just saying like
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
            Just wondered if anyone when they were in the mid 30's still was not interested in marriage or kids, and if that was the case did that ever change ?

In my 20's even late 20's I wasn't interested in marriage kids net result split with girlfriend of 8 years, thought it was just a phase and I would grow into the marriage / kids thing. Now mid / late 30's I'm still not feeling the marriage and kids thing and looks like my current relationship of a few years may go the same way as the previous. I'm pretty selfish and just like doing my own things, when I want, I enjoy having no commitments is that wrong ?

Starting to think may be I'm just not the type for marriage and kids ever or is it just because I've not met the one ?
            What do you see yourself doing for your 60th Birthday?
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Not everyone is for marriage. Not everyone is for kids. Not everyone is for marriage and kids.

I can't see my sister-in-law getting married and having kids - she (and her boyfriend) dote on my children, but they aren't really the marrying / children-having kind.

My cousin has been living with her partner for 20+ years (I guess) - they never wanted to get married, and they don't want children.

Each to their own - you shouldn't feel the need to spawn just because society indicates that you should.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post

If you are happy, fine, just remember to tell the next gf.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Thought about having kids at 18-25
                  25-30 decided kids were not really want I want
                  Married BBG at 35 (after 19 years with BBG)
                  Still kid free & happy with it

I like my life & not having to spend my hard earned pennies on others

Am I selfish: nope I am a realist.
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Never felt like having kids, Acquired three step-kids along the way. Still never felt like having kids but wouldn't change a thing. Funny how it all works out.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X