• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the AGW experts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the AGW experts

If someone could answer my question in words of no more than three syllables, I'd really appreciate it.

If we're to assume that the world is getting hotter, what proof is there that this temperature increase is attributable to greenhouse gases and all the other nasty crap we belch into the atmosphere?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    If someone could answer my question in words of no more than three syllables, I'd really appreciate it.

If we're to assume that the world is getting hotter, what proof is there that this temperature increase is attributable to greenhouse gases and all the other nasty crap we belch into the atmosphere?
    First off, the world is not getting hotter at the moment. But if it were (like it was 12 years ago) the proof would have to include a physics based mechanism which could be tested and checked whilst at the same time ruling out the variables including the unknowns.
    Sounds impossible ? yes, how on earth do you rule out things that are ill-understood

thats where the sceptics are coming from

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post

They use a control subject, in this case a replica earth orbitting the sun 6 months/180 degrees behind our own
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        First off, the world is not getting hotter at the moment. But if it were (like it was 12 years ago) the proof would have to include a physics based mechanism which could be tested and checked whilst at the same time ruling out the variables including the unknowns.
        Sounds impossible ? yes, how on earth do you rule out things that are ill-understood

thats where the sceptics are coming from

Surely that depends on whether they are known unknowns or unknown unknowns? And don't get me started on unknown unknown unknowns.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Surely that depends on whether they are known unknowns or unknown unknowns? And don't get me started on unknown unknown unknowns.
          well, there are some unkown unknowns, but there is an awful lot of ill-understood stuff as well

it's the certainty of these fools that has always irritated the heck out of me

get your indulgences here!!

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

What do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              What do you know?
              What do you mean by know?

Comment

What do you mean by know?
                thats conditional depending what you mean by mean
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

It's all becoming a bit Rumsfeldian around here
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I saw a TV programme recently where some "scientist" reckoned there was an infinite number of universes each with a universe a bit like our but slightly different.

All we need to do is tap into one of these where there is no humans and compare.

Comment

Working...
                    X