• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear (tm): 1,023 criminal immigrants freed instead of deported

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear (tm): 1,023 criminal immigrants freed instead of deported

Labour feck up again
    Home Secretary Charles Clarke says he will not resign after 1,023 foreign criminals were freed from prison without being considered for deportation. He said he does not know where most of the offenders are, who include three murderers and nine rapists.

Mr Clarke said the 1,023 prisoners, who were released between February 1999 and March 2006, should have been considered for deportation or removal. So far the Immigration and Nationality Directorate (IND) has located 107 of the total, leading to 20 deportations.

More than 870 were serving at least 12 months and 13 were serving more than 10 years. Some 288 were released from prison between August 2005 and March 2006.

Richard Bacon, a Conservative member of the cross-party Commons Public Accounts Committee who asked the questions last October which led to the Home Office bungle being uncovered, said he feared "incompetence" was to blame.
    Incompetence? Do you think so?

Originally posted by stackpole
    Incompetence? Do you think so?
    It most certainly is. I mean, for goodness' sake, this article was posted to the board several hours ago.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread7189.html

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
      It most certainly is. I mean, for goodness' sake, this article was posted to the board several hours ago.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread7189.html
      Well bogger me, how did I miss that?

Never mind, such incompetence (New Labour's I mean) must be worth a double airing!

Comment

Look on the bright side. Yet another dose of really bad publicity for this headlice government just before local elections.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X