• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you Show your Ticket on TV?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you Show your Ticket on TV?

Ah, the roar of the greasepaint and the smell of the crowd - I have, no less, been invited to join our local AmDram group - the Shirehampton Operatic and Dramatic Society to play the lead in "When Did You Last See Your Trousers". I'm playing the part once popularised by the late, great Brian Rix.

However, as I was imagining myself treading the boards and PROJECTING my voice to the upper circle, I had a rather troubling thought. Should I be successful in my new vocation, a situation may occur in which I may be required to expose my unclothed form to the viewing public.

I expressed my concerns to our creative director, Greerson Garr, who informed me that, "yes of course, darling, if the part demands it. Showing one's ticket is grist to an actor's mill".

Now, I'm not entirely comfortable with this prospect so, as ever, I thought I would get the views of my dear friends at CUK and I have created a little poll in which I hope you will all partake
    Yes,have webcam at ready every Week hoping for chance to expose my ticket on Embarrassing Bodies
    0.00%
    Yes, but only if you paid me enough money
    71.43%
    No but because my ticket is so small I would consider employing a "stunt double" ticket
    0.00%
    No and I would have it written into my contract that under no circumstances am I to expose my ticket
    14.29%
    I'm a lady and I don't have a ticket
    14.29%
    I'm AndyW and I don't have a ticket
    0.00%

Need an 'already have, the crowd loved it' option.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      I'm playing the part once popularised by the late, great Brian Rix.
      Ha! Excellent play on words there, 'part' being the operative one!

I'm not an expert, but I don't think Brian Rix ever exposed his member on stage and, since you are playing one of his parts, nor should you be expected to.

The Great British Farces often involved the loss of trousers and other saucy indignities, but a goodly part of the humour was the unseen and the unsaid. Nudity around the naughty regions was usually considered 'over the top', particularly the display of the todger, and with it a good farce wouldn't work properly.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        I have, no less, been invited to join our local AmDram group - the Shirehampton Operatic and Dramatic Society to play the lead in "When Did You Last See Your Trousers".
        So, you've joined a bunch of S.O.D.S.?

2/10

The vegetarian option.

Comment

only have a childs 'away day return' here
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Expose your 'ticket'?? Since when was mutton dagger called a 'ticket'???
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Everything's a ticket to a train spotter.

(or a train, obv)
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Everything's a ticket to a train spotter.

(or a train, obv)
                Hence the saying "Just the ticket", applied to something that is very agreeable. Wouldn't you agree?
                Last edited by Doggy Styles; 31 October 2011, 22:08.

Comment

And never mind Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, the Beatles song with the biggest innuendo was "Ticket To Ride".

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Hence the saying "Just the ticket", applied to something that is very agreeable. Wouldn't you agree?
                    So when someone says 'Just the ticket' to me he wants to see my pen1s?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X