• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice rant by Jeremy Paxman

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice rant by Jeremy Paxman

Mostly dissing baby boomers, praising Clement Attlee and despairing at how unaffordable houses have become.

The soaring cost of putting a roof over your head is surely one of the most unattractive — and pernicious — characteristics of the past 40 years. And yet for decades the media have reported a rise in house prices as being somehow a cause for celebration and a fall as a bad thing.
    JEREMY PAXMAN: Baby-Boomers are the most selfish generation in history | Mail Online

I think there should be a political party made up entirely of Jeremies.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      This should get you started

Famous Jeremy's, Including Jeremy Clarkson, Jeremy Piven, Jeremy Lin and More: Amazon.co.uk: Victoria Hockfield: Books
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        It's called UKIP.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          The soaring value of your homes is surely one of the most amazing characteristics of the past 40 years. And for decades the Daily Mail are utterly pround to have reported a rise in house prices on an hourly basis as being <snip> a cause for celebration <snip>.

FTFY

This is the Daily Mail we are talking about after all

Seriously, surprised the editors let that one through.

Comment

Working...
          X