• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sent on a company Smart Working course today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent on a company Smart Working course today

Last edited by Wilmslow; 15 February 2012, 19:46.

Permies have a "Personal Energy Management" session tomorrow.

As a contractor I am not invited.

Comment

Some permies here are currently on a course entitled 'How to Converse'.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I'm just keeping my head down.

Last week across the water!

Comment

One of the last sad timewasting activities to which I was subjected at my old permie boss was a personality test and workshop along with 10 other colleagues, where we were each given colours representing our personality after answering a list of about 100 questions, which I took seriously for about 5 questions and then just crossed the multiple choice answers in a visually appealing pattern. Result was RED in 'first position'.

Found a similar test on t'internet with this description of 'red';
          RED represents passion and energy. Red in the first position means you are impulsive, sexy and have a will to win. You are a good leader. You want to expend your horizons and live a life to the full. Red in the seventh or eighth position means your desire for life and thirst for adventure have become less.

Similarly broad statements that anyone would be just fine with if it was said about them are to be found here;

Personality Online - Online personality, relationship and apptitude tests, find out who you are today!

A similar level of scientific insight into your personality can be found here;

Horoscope.com: Free Horoscopes, Astrology, Numerology and more...

I made myself even less popular with management and especially HR than I already was by expressing my skepticism and calling the 'workshop leader' a quack.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            Some permies here are currently on a course entitled 'How to Converse'.
            Most permies here do **** all else all day.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              Next Wednesday sent on a coaching for perfomance course learning how to coach people.
              Is anyone else scared for the economy when they see companies thinking that getting Wilmslooooooooooooooooooooooooow to coach people is a good idea???
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Is anyone else scared for the economy when they see companies thinking that getting Wilmslooooooooooooooooooooooooow to coach people is a good idea???
                Wilmslow isn't real, he's one of Sasguru's sockies.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Not if it's coaching in the skill of making minutiae seem duller than usual.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Wilmslow isn't real, he's one of Sasguru's sockies.
                    You lie - I know he's real. I know people that work with him
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X